276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Southside Plants Keiki Cloning Paste - Natural Miracle Growth & Food Formula for Orchid Plants Hormones & Vitamins - Includes Instruction Booklet | 0.25oz

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

These roots can be carefully trimmed from the main stem, and then planted in a new pot. The roots will anchor themselves into the soil and, eventually, a new plant will sprout. Keiki cloning paste is a blend of plant hormones used to stimulate vegetative growth. It’s commonly used on orchids, but it also has excellent results on leggy pothos plants. Do you know What Keiki Paste is Used For? In this comprehensive post we will tell you about making DIY Keiki Paste Recipe. swedishrainbow_garden

Keiki Paste works by providing plants with the hormones and nutrients they need to grow new roots and leaves. When applied to a plant’s stem or leaf node, the paste stimulates the growth of new plant tissue, which eventually develops into roots or leaves. Here is another article to learn more about the differences beween keiki paste and rooting hormone.Keiki formin on a Phalaenopsis equestris Can Keiki Cloning Paste be used for other Monstera or Philodendron plants? Large orchid plants can be split into different sections, from which several new plants can be grown. Before cutting the plant, carefully examine the root structure to determine where to make the cuts. Split sympodial orchids into sections of about three to four inches. Each section should include at least three mature pseudobulbs. After applying the Keiki Cloning Paste on a semi-dormant node, these are our results. Without the cloning paste application, we are sure that no growth point would have developed from the applied node.

The paste is applied locally, and very little is sufficient to have the desired effect. Therefore even a little tub of 5ml will last a long time, and many applications are possible. How to use the Keiki Cloning Paste The application of Keiki paste is a straightforward process. It is applied directly to the node of an orchid, preferably a Phalaenopsis, after the flowering phase.BAP is not easily accessible in all countries. If you cannot find the chemical locally, chances are the chemical is not allowed in your country. This can happen as some of the synthetic hormone chemicals can be used to make other substances detrimental to the environment. What if I could produce another growth point that I could later separate and produce another Gloriosum plant with? Pereira, G. A., Santaella, M. B., Alves, L. M. S. M., Silva, E. C., Flenga, A. I. S., & Santos, D. M. A. (2018). Concentrations of 6-Benzylaminopurine (BAP) in micropropagation of banana ‘Farta Velhaco’ (AAB). Comunicata Scientiae, 9(1), 58-63. https://doi.org/10.14295/cs.v9i1.2034 A plant forming new shoots, “babies” or preparing to bloom, needs to create an optimal microclimate and enhanced nutrition. Therefore, orchids treated with Keiki paste are immediately provided with warmth, bright diffused light, the necessary air humidity, timely watering, and regular feeding. Don't be greedy and try to develop too many keikis. A large mature Phalaenopsis might support many keikis, but a first bloom seedling should be treated with care. Do not treat the fifth bud counting from the base of the inflorescence. It generally produces a branch to the flower spike. Carefully remove the bract. Do not apply the regulator until after the last flower on the Phalaenopsis flower spike has opened fully. This timing is crucial and not a casually "recommended" procedure.

I found Keiki paste to work best on Monstera and Philodendron plants when there already was a sign of a new growth point.

We highly advise using gloves when working with the Keiki Paste. We are dealing with a growth hormone. Our goal is to clone the plant and not our hands or fingers. For a long time, the flower was forced to exist in an unsuitable microclimate or suffered from improper care and is now in a critical condition. I’d recommend you to do this on only 1 node per orchid. If you do it on several nodes in one plant if successful, keikis might start to grow from all of them. It’s very energy-consuming for the orchid to grow a keiki, let alone 3 or 4 of them, so one is more than enough for one plant!

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment