276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Desk Pets - Animal Friends, 40-Pack

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The desk pet trend has swept through schools across the country, motivating and rewarding positive classroom behavior, teaching responsibility, and spurring innovative math, science, art, and writing exercises. They will love imagining where their pet is from and designing a space that is just for their special friend. These adorable and fun critters are being used in classrooms all over for classroom management and positive reinforcement.

Set up a fun timeout area like a daycare center (a designated spot on your desk) or a vacation spot (on top of a filing cabinet where they can still be seen, but not touched). It is my hope that implementing a desk pet incentive in your room will bring your students just as much joy as it has brought my students over the years. The students were so motivated and excited to earn one, and they were so proud of themselves when they reached their goal! Eilik can be a helpful desk companion too, with features like a countdown timer included to keep you on schedule, and it can play fun games with you to help pass the time.

If you are loving the podcast, I would be so grateful if you would leave me a review over on Apple Podcasts. Much like classroom job applications, these can be filled out by your students as a way of practicing persuasive writing without them even realizing that they’re learning. You might consider having other items available for purchase such as stickers to decorate their habitats or mini pet blankets made of small squares of material. Most teachers agree that desk pets aren’t an entire classroom management system, but when infused with the systems you already have in place, magic happens.

Make sure that your classroom pet policy is posted in the classroom somewhere where students can view it easily. I quickly realized the opportunity that was right in front of me to use this as part of my classroom management strategy. Once the desk pet home is built, a messenger has to relay how to build the desk pet home using only descriptive words. Yes, yes, they are, BUT, if you introduce desk pets in a way that gets your students begging you for their own desk pet, then you’ve won my friend.There are many different ways to use Desk Pets, but I'm going to explain how I used them in my classroom. Have students create and sign a contract with you before they earn their Desk Pets so that everyone is clear about the rules and expectations. Looking for a brain break idea for your students that requires no additional planning and can be done spontaneously? com, the Sell on Etsy app, and the Etsy app, as well as the electricity that powers Etsy’s global offices and employees working remotely from home in the US.

As far as organization for all of the Desk Pets information, I'm planning to use the binder shown below to organize everything. Some teachers make this part of a whole-group lesson, and others have students earn the pieces to create their habitat.When we’re just not quite sure how effective a classroom management strategy will be, choice becomes imperative. If you are thinking about doing Desk Pets next year, I think you should jump right in and give it a try! Then I had one parent, 4 years ago, donate a set of three-dimensional animal erasers, and my class went crazy.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment