276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Raid Ant Bait Station, Ant Killer for Indoor and Outdoor Use, Pack of 1

£10.8£21.60Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Many ant killers can’t be used around pets or children because of their poisonous formula. This is especially true for baits because they’re placed on the ground where they can be easily accessed. To help you with ant control in your home, we put together this guide to help you narrow down your options when choosing the ant killer that’s best for you. Type of Ant Killer

When using an insect killer, it’s important to avoid disturbing the ants while munching on the bait. Shake well before use. Hold container upright. Do not spray up into the air. Apply to surfaces only. Point spray opening toward the surface to be sprayed and press button firmly For a few days it seemed that we had more ants than ever before they were everywhere and I would wipe down the benches and have them free of ants only to return 5 minutes later to even more ants. I think it must of been because the bait was actually attracting the ants. Once a few days had passed the numbers gradually went down and we were seeing less and less ants day by day. It has been 3 weeks now and the last couple of days I have seen little more than a couple of ants so I am pretty happy with that result. The ants you see in your house and scuttling around the pavement are only 10 percent of the colony. If you are seriously struggling with an infestation, then you're going to need to target the nest.I bought this product after speaking to a work mate of mine, they reccommended it for killing ant nests along with the NO ANTS brand. I chose to go with this one because of the price, and we really had a problem with ants so we gave it a go. We put two in the kitchen because we had seen the most ants there and one in our room because we had seen some ants there. For thorough ant control, all four baits must be used at one time. For larger kitchens or particularly heavy infestations, we strongly recommend using additional baits. Baits: These products slowly poison ants. By the time they take their full effect, the ant has already returned to its colony and spread the poison to other ants. It attaches to a garden hose to cover a large area and provides treatment for up to 5,300 sq. ft. lawn. According to Ortho, it’s non-staining and odor-free. For best results, it’s recommended to apply this when bugs first appear and spray uniformly over the lawn. Some lawn insects may require a second treatment 4 to 6 weeks following the first application. To target the nest, expose the top of the nest and pour an entire kettle of boiling water over the nest to destroy all the ants in the colony including the ant queen.

Seal up any entry points with caulk or sealant. Then you can use natural deterrents, like coffee, white vinegar, citrus peel, or peppermint oil, which work to disrupt the pheromone trails that guide other ants.The form an ant killer comes in affects how it’s applied. Popular forms include various forms of bait and topical pesticides. The most common types are: This is not intended to be a full statement of your rights under the Consumer Contracts Regulations. Full details of your rights are available from your Local Authority’s Trading Standards Office. How To Return A Product Now you've cleared away all the factors attracting ants to your house, and their means of getting in, it's time to learn how to get rid of ants that just won't seem to go. You can buy pre-made ant poison, but Jordan Foster, Pest Technician at Fantastic Pest Control recommends creating a boric acid-based bait for increased chances of success.

Ants hate the smell of mint. Try scattering fresh mint around your home, particularly near entry points. Alternatively, use a few drops of peppermint essential oil on a cotton wool pad and wipe the areas of your home where ants tend to appear,' says Tim Warren, DIY Expert, Adkwik. Borax, the active component, interferes with the ants’ metabolism. It successfully eliminates ant infestations by luring them into poisonous bait.Hold about 12" from the surface being sprayed. Spray until surfaces are wet. Avoid excessive wetting of asphalt, tile, rubber, and plastic materials Mix in one part boric acid, with three parts sugar or syrup and one part hot water to create a sugary paste. Place the mixture around the entrances to the ant nest if you know where it is, or along active chemical trails. The ants will feed on the bait and return to the nest and transfer the poison to the queen and colony.

If you have pets or children, put your ant traps in hard-to-reach places, or use a non-toxic spray. ApplicationThe internet is full of other methods and old wives' tales about how to get rid of ants which can make it hard to know which ones are truly effective. However, these are a few other expert-approved and reliable ways that will prevent ants getting comfortable in your home. 1. Chalk Place ant poison with the bait trap, and it should effectively eliminate the colony so they don't come in your house again. We recommend using boric acid and following the method we laid out earlier in the guide. How do I permanently get rid of ants? To learn how to get rid of ants in house and rid yourself of these scurrying pests, you need to find out how they're getting into your home. You might have to play detective a bit to locate their point of entry, so observe their movements and follow their trail - you probably won't be able to miss it, given that they come in such high numbers.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment