276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Star Wars Loopin Chewie Game

£17£34Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

We are playing games as a family aswell, but those games are fast and I don't believe that they should count toward my TOP 5 plays of the month. I will mention them in this separate category On your turn you’ll take your tile, rotating it in any way you desire, and place it into one of the open lanes indicated by the yellow triangles around the outside of the board. You’ll accomplish your purpose, but in doing so you’ll push one tile out the other side, which is the tile that the next player begins with. At first glance some might dismiss Zingo as a mere Bingo clone, but that would be doing it a disservice. In Zingo one player reveals 2 tiles at a time using a really cool machine, then calls out their name (or shape if your child can’t read). I think the main reason that Loopin’ Louie is so loved is that it does what all children’s games should strive to do. A good children’s game should be simple enough that children won’t have any problems playing the game. At the same time the game should still be enjoyable for everyone playing the game. Most children’s games do a good job on the first front but forget about making the game enjoyable for everyone. A good children’s game is a game that the whole family can enjoy and even adults can enjoy without children present. While Loopin’ Louie is probably going to be better in family settings, I think Loopin’ Louie can be enjoyed by adults that don’t occasionally mind playing silly games. In Loopin’ Chewie, each player is given an arm with a lever on it, and 3 blue stormtroopers discs. Chewbacca and the Millennium Falcon are attached to a central hub which, when turned on, causes Chewbacca to go zooming around in circles. As Chewbacca approaches your base you simply press a button to fend him off and cause him to skip over your base…or at least you hope that’s what happens.

The author with a Jawa at the Star Wars Day of Play in New York. Photograph: Jordan Hoffman/The Guardian My kids love playing Zingo, even my 8 year old son. They love getting to use the machine to reveal the tiles, and to call out the shapes, and they love getting a tile to put on their own card. Zingo helps your kids learn shapes, pattern matching, and improves their reaction time. This might sound silly but I was actually kind of surprised by how much of a cult following Loopin’ Louie has developed among adults. I am guessing this is partially due to people who grew up with the game being adults now, but the game has really developed a following for what most people would assume is a children’s game. People have enjoyed playing the game so much that they have figured out ways of making the game more difficult. This includes people adding more powerful motors to the game to speed it up or altering the gameboard to support eight players. I don’t have the skills to alter my own copy of the game, but I think it would be really cool trying out one of these altered versions of Loopin’ Louie.

Zingo is a Bingo style game in which players call out, and place, tiles with common shapes, onto their card. The first player to fill their card is the winner.

The problem is that I don’t want to play those games. To an adult who has, arguably, mastered pattern and color recognition (I’m still working on the taking turns thing), I find them incredibly boring. So as a parent, what are some games that I can play with my kids that I’ll enjoy as well? Note that this list focuses on games that younger kids (anywhere from 3-7) may enjoy. Your kids might not be ready for them, or your little Einstein might find them too easy, but they’re all worth a shot! Let’s go! Teaches: It’s co-op so you can play it with your kids and guide them towards making good choices. Players roll a die at the beginning of their turn and place a new zombie on the colored space matching the die, so it also teaches color matching.As the board begins taking shape players will need to decide if they take the safe path and stay away from others, or show daring and dive into the group. If at any time your path leads off the board your piece is out of the game. If your path leads directly into another player, both pieces are out of the game. The player whose dragon is still on their path after all other players have been defeated is the winner. Parents note: For an even simpler game, skip dealing cards to each player and have each child simply draw one card from the top of the pile. This reduces choice down to how the card should be rotated, and can prevent your child with being overloaded by decision. You can even skip the player elimination aspect if you wish and have them start on an unoccupied white line should they run off the board, or into another player.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment