276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Catholic Children's Bible: Good News Translation

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

With a blue ribbon marker and multi-coloured endpapers, this is a Bible that children will be drawn to and will treasure throughout their journey of faith. But it’s not the right thing for little kids that are not yet ready to understand the complete bible stories as written. We also covered the cover in clear contact paper, which I often do with books that I want to last and I spent actual money on. You can read one blog post that might recommend dozens of picture books about the Easter story alone! In the narrative on the crucifixion, the author is clearly presenting the teaching of penal substitution.

Best Catholic Children’s Bibles (Choices For All Ages!) The Best Catholic Children’s Bibles (Choices For All Ages!)

There’s no better way to introduce young readers to God’s Word for the first time than with the ESV Catholic Children’s Bible. As with any children’s bible, it’s not the real bible with the actual verses but a re-telling that children can understand. So it’s a beautiful read from cover to cover, but not as useful as a reference book when needing to be able to find a variety of stories.People in general are drawn to beautiful and quality materials- that is not limited to children, but certainly includes them! I would say I would get one for Lydia soon (she’s 14) but she seriously still loves her Catholic Children’s Bible (from above) and she has a journaling bible (below). If you’re trying to go over a Gospel story for this week’s mass readings with your kids… guess what? This is why having a good children’s bible is so important- so you can read the bible stories to your kids (or they can read them to themselves) and understand the story in a way they can connect with.

Catholic Bible for Children - Into the Deep The Best Catholic Bible for Children - Into the Deep

This is ironic because I had seen so many bloggers recommending this Bible that I was sick of it before I ever saw it lol. There is a way to make the stories such that they are not watered down, but they can be understood by children. I believe your children’s bible should have all the quality of any beautiful picture book for children. Beginning in Autumn, it walks through Advent, Christmas and Epiphany, Septuagesima, Lent, Holy Week, Easter, Pentecost, and Corpus Christi. In the section “The Sinfulness of Sodom” page 47, Gen 19:5 it says “… The men of Sodom wanted to have sex with them.I like to read from the actual Bible for our formal catechesis, and a Catholic Bible for children on our “off” days when we’re not doing Into the Deep. When I asked the kids what was so unappealing about this bible, they said the pictures looked old, the stories looked long, the cover looked boring, and that even some of the words on the pages having highlights made it seem even more boring and for classroom use. For this reason it’s a fast read for kids, and they feel accomplished when they finish because it’s so thick!

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment