276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Hidden Pictures

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Mallory applies for a position as a summer nanny in the high-end suburb of Spring Brook, New Jersey. The Maxwells, Ted and Caroline, have a 5-year old son, Teddy, who will be her only charge. The job seems perfect. When her sponsor recommends she interview for a nanny position with the Maxwell family in affluent Spring Brook, New Jersey, she believes she is ready to make it on her own. After meeting their sweet five year old son, Teddy, she instantly believes this is the perfect job. Promising to take frequent drug tests, the Maxwells welcome her to their guest house. Using their visual discrimination skills, kids search for the hidden pictures in illustrated books filled with both adventures and learning concepts. Now for the bad. Not all the character inconsistencies were adequately explained, in my opinion, and there were a couple times when I felt frustrated with Mallory. I quite liked aspects of her character-- I was interested in her past and sympathised with her struggles to combat her drug addiction, and her narrative voice was easy to read and compelling --but she does and says some things that were just kinda stupid. And during those scenes I was screaming at her to just open the bloody bedroom door!

Mallory Quinn is fresh out of rehab when she takes a job as a babysitter for Ted and Caroline Maxwell. She is to look after their five-year-old son, Teddy. What was the long-term plan for pretending the stolen kid was a boy, especially when they planned to send him to school. Did they never think they would ask questions about urinals or external genitalia? I feel like only a male author would include something like a young women's boss breaking into her home and masturbating with her bras and then her forgiving him and acting like it was no big deal. The fact that this won the Goodreads Choice Awards for horror is wild to me. Because content aside, the plot has a lot of things that don't make sense and near the end gets wildly over the top. And our MC wins the award for WORST nanny of the year. I have a lot to say about this so stay tuned for a video discussion.Hidden picture puzzles with map and math skills!! Not only are you trying to complete the maze, but you’re also looking for items, answering map questions (coordinates), and answering math questions (who live in the hut with three windows?). Lots of details to notice in these colorful illustrations — no boredom here! For some reason, I remembered the synopsis being different what is actually printed. Because of that, I missed subtle clues that normally would have been obvious to me, and I was distracted by other red herrings. Not only is there the added horror aspect, but the main character, I thought, was very well-written, and the red herrings deployed very effective.

To his parents chagrin, Teddy is also receiving advice from an imaginary friend. When this ‘friend’ begins exerting too much influence, Mallory decides to look deeper which changes the trajectory of the plot. Mallory Quinn is fresh out of rehab and in need of a job. Her last job did not end well, and she really needs something fast. When the opportunity presents itself to babysit Ted and Caroline Maxwell's five-year-old son Teddy, Mallory accepts. She will get to live in their guest house and finally have some stability in her life. These Highlights Hidden Picture books are gorgeous with all photographs, not illustrations. Whether you’re finding the difference or finding hidden objects, there are many brain-boosting activities in this colorful book series from Highlights. Also, the whole plot relies on a pretty big coincidence. They just happen to live in a house where a woman called Annie went missing, had a secret daughter and was also an artist?If you are looking for something FRESH and ORIGINAL and you don’t mind mysteries with a SUPERNATURAL vibe, then this is the book for you! Meanwhile, as Mallory is trying to work through her suspicions, she is beset by curious noises coming through the walls of the guest cottage she is staying at on the property. She dismisses them as animal noises. The story begins as a bit of a slow burn, as Mallory and Teddy bond over imaginative games, and the drawings he sketches with the pencils he is never without. The Maxwells are thrilled, as Teddy’s only “playmate” before Mallory was his imaginary friend, Anya. But, as his pictures take on a more sinister tone, and start to become too detailed and complex for a 5 year old to draw, Mallory begins to worry.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment