276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Citizen Eco-Drive Men's Promaster Navihawk A.T

£69.5£139.00Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

I couldn’t walk properly for two months,” he explains. “It was three weeks before Götzis when I started sprint training and I thought, ‘ok, Götzis is just coming too fast, I need to say no’. But then two weeks before Ratingen I ruptured my hammy. It was bad. The season was over.” After the first hurdle I thought, ok, now it’s over,” he recalls. “I don’t know what kept me going, but I somehow finished. I’m so sad about Kevin, Lindon, everyone. I want to compete in the best field in the world.”

Of course, I had physical injuries with my knee,” she explains. “But it was more than that. I was putting too much pressure on myself.I had a hard time enjoying athletics, and I had a battle inside my head. If you hurt your hamstring, you ask how long it takes to recover. But with emotions, I didn’t know how long it would take to recover.And it was hard to talk about. I was asking myself – what’s wrong with me? Am I still a good athlete?” Physically, my body’s getting stronger as I get older. And mentally, what I know now that I didn’t then is that lots of athletes struggle. My problem was I saw it as a weakness. The best lesson I learned is not to be too hard on myself. And I’m a more complete athlete as a result.” Two years ago, behind the decathlon medal-winning trio of Kevin Mayer, Rico Freimuth and Kai Kazmirek at the World Championships in London, a breakthrough was happening. 23-year old Estonian Janek Õiglane was having the performance of his career, finishing fourth with a lifetime best of 8371.The changes paid off. In February he became the eighth Estonian to exceed 6000 points for the indoor heptathlon and qualified for the European Indoor Championships in Glasgow. But his return to international competition was thwarted by a freak incident during the pole vault, when he landed on the edge of the box and sliced his ankle. “I can see the bone,” he called to his family in the stands. This time, the injury affected him more deeply. After a golden few years of medals and national records, 2019 had been the hardest period of her career. Injuries, doubts and falling out of love with the sport that had made her a household name in the Netherlands. You never know,” she says. “I’ve always been worried that 2019 was my peak, because then Covid happened and I had my Achilles rupture and the momentum I was building towards my peak got short changed and cut off.

Ennis-Hill started day two in third place, behind Theisen-Eaton and the Dutch athlete Dafne Schippers, but after a moderate long jump of 6.16m and a javelin of 42.60m – both way below her best – she had slipped to fifth. Schippers withdrew with a knee injury after the javelin, bumping her up a place, but Ennis-Hill was still in a tight scrum of competitors going into the final event of the day, the 800m. She now trains with Jazmin Sawyers, who joined up with Moore just after Johnson-Thompson. The pair have known each other since young kids, even before competing against each other at English Schools. I hope that this short Citizen Navihawk review has provided you with the needed information to come up with a better choice.It makes you remember what it was like to conquer the world and whet the appetite to have another shot at it? Yeah, at any major champs everyone who goes to the start line always thinks, what if? Apart from me last year – I kinda knew I wasn’t in shape, so it was just like, ‘what’s gonna happen, more than if’? And so I’m really happy that in the past year, I’ve turned around and I’m hopefully in the mix. That’s all that’s all I’ve ever wanted to be, in the mix.”

It doesn’t require regular maintenance thanks to its sturdy construction, hardwearing materials, and smooth movement.With 7996 and still no qualifying score, Õiglane considered his options. Next was the Estonian Championships at the end of July. No one else in the field had broken 8000 points. And three decathlons in two months, on return from injury, was a big ask. After climbing 14 places to sixth during the decathlon in London, a superb javelin PB of 71.73m had moved Õiglane into fourth, where he remained, setting six PBs overall. He lights up as he recalls the competition. I’m going well right now, and I’m feeling happy,” she says. “But a year and a half ago, it was different. And it’s good to share that too. I follow Jazmin Sawyers – the British long jumper – on social media and I think we need more women like her, sharing when things aren’t going so well, as well as good results. That’s really important for younger girls. I hope I can do that a little more.

Pressure can be an effective force when conditions are positive, but corrosive when things aren’t going so well. Vetter’s success continued into 2018 with fourthplace in Götzis and fifthplace at the European Championships in Berlin, but then the strain started to take its toll. In 2019, she was unable to finish her combined events competitions at the European Indoor Championships in Glasgow, Decastar in Talence and the World Championships in Doha. And he was. His brave solo effort, including a javelin PB of 72.38m, had produced 8251, safely securing the automatic qualification standard. Full circle in the Middle East She knew she needed to run a time of 2:33.02 to ensure she made the Olympic qualification standard – but the way she stormed into the lead from the off showed she wanted to make a statement. If I can get the speed work done in that amount of time then I will go,” she said. “If I’m a medal contender I’ll go. But I don’t want to go to the world championships as I’ve come into this event. I want to be more prepared. It’s a long way to go to not be quite ready.”If people have to guess my best events, they never guess shot put or javelin," Vetter adds. "I hope I can inspire that you don’t need to be big to throw far. You can be really strong and technically good, and I hope I’m a role model for that.” The complete athlete The big results came in February 2021, but Vetter now can’t wait to get outdoors. “It’s nice to do the long jump and hurdles, but I am a heptathlete. I want to do shot put and running, because otherwise I get a little bit bored. I need the variety.” When Jaz won that medal in Istanbul, I guess, you know, what that does to a group? How does that impact a training group when you know, one athlete wins a major medal like that? I didn’t do an indoor season, I didn’t really know where my performances would be. And I feel like this one, I’m just going to put all my experience into it and see where it gets me. And it’s always a stepping stone to next year, because ultimately the main goal of my career is to get an Olympic medal. This is maybe my last heptathlon before Paris – I don’t know if I’m going to do another one. So it’s like a full on dress rehearsal.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment