276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Revell 04909 Apollo Saturn V 1:144 Scale Unbuilt/Unpainted Plastic Model Kit

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

This approach changed in 1957, when the Soviets launched Sputnik 1 atop an R-7 ICBM, which could carry a thermonuclear warhead to the U. Other NASA officials became convinced, and LOR was then officially selected as the mission configuration for the Apollo program on November 7, 1962.

Projected to place approximately 400,000 pounds (180t) into orbit, the Ares V would have surpassed the Saturn V in payload capability. First stage scrapped, second stage converted to S-II-F/D, third stage on display at Kennedy Space Center.If you’re prepared to spend some time being patient with your prep and spray work you can get good results from these older-tooled kits. Since I’m beginning my third iteration of this model (the first when it was initially issued a very long time ago), your blog is a true gold mine of reference. This bulkhead had to insulate against the 126°F (70°C) temperature difference between the two tanks. The thickness of the PE brass panel frames from New Ware sits slightly proud and if I were redoing this I’d just sand an equivalent amount of styrene off the Revell part to improve the alignment.

The Saturn V carried all Apollo lunar missions, [70] which were launched from Launch Complex 39 at the John F.Apollo 13, Saturn V, LM (Landing type and SatunV-mounted type), Two diver figures, Sea recovery diorama plate, SH-3D SEA KING, CM after spashdown, SM damaged version, Two display stands(for vertical stack and for horizontal display), booklet. The stages were designed by von Braun's Marshall Space Flight Center in Huntsville, and outside contractors were chosen for the construction: Boeing ( S-IC), North American Aviation ( S-II), Douglas Aircraft ( S-IVB), and IBM ( instrument unit). For the first two uncrewed launches, eight solid-fuel ullage motors ignited for four seconds to accelerate the S-II stage, followed by the ignition of the five J-2 engines. Saturn V [a] is a retired American super heavy-lift launch vehicle developed by NASA under the Apollo program for human exploration of the Moon.

After the rocket cleared the launch tower, flight control transferred to Mission Control at the Johnson Space Center in Houston, Texas. We completed the DSKY in July 2019, but was not able to integrate in time for the Apollo 50th Anniversary.At exactly twice the scale of the kit, they were a real boon to confirm the location and orientation of various details. I have been looking for some time for a comprehensive build on the Saturn V as I have only built it out of the box. It was to be powered by five RS-25s and two five-segment Space Shuttle Solid Rocket Boosters (SRBs).

To ensure sufficient velocity was reached, the remaining four engines were kept active for longer than planned.This vehicle would have been 381 feet (116m) tall and would have produced a total thrust of approximately 8,900,000 lbf (40 MN) at liftoff, more than the Saturn V or the Soviet Energia, but less than the Soviet N-1.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment