276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Definitive Book of Body Language: How to read others' attitudes by their gestures

£4.44£8.88Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

That said, its style won’t be for everyone. The Peases use many examples from business and politics, so some might not find them applicable to everyday life. Pros Winning Body Language: Control the Conversation, Command Attention, and Convey the Right Message without Saying a Word – Mark Bowden Three former CIA officers collaborated to write Spy the Lie: a book about a system Phillip Houston, also author, created to determine when people are lying. Houston uses techniques involving body language and verbal ques to find out if someone is being deceptive or telling the truth.

Book of Body Language: The Hidden Meaning The Definitive Book of Body Language: The Hidden Meaning

The reasons above could be triggered by lying but they could also be baseline behavior for some people. Take a baseline. See how a person behaves when they aren’t under pressure, then see how they change when pressured. When humans were surrounded by 100 to 200 people, you could rely on your subconscious mind to read the body language of others with no need of conscious thoughts. But there are also some very interesting things to be found. There were several instances where I thought to myself: "Yeah, that makes sense, I can see that." And there were even some things that I would probably never have thought of - but while the former was a breath of fresh air every now and again, the latter was an absolute rarity. For example, a poker player might blink less frequently because he is purposely trying to appear unexcited about the hand he was dealt. Here are some exciting skills and insights you will acquire after consuming the book and applying its knowledge:I frequently find myself sat studying in a busy library, noticing body language during interactions between people around me. Often, I notice a stark difference in freshers interacting and third years interacting with one another. If you yourself find it difficult to interpret or convey what gestures communicate, Allan and Barbara Pease’s book may be ideal. They focus almost exclusively on business and dating contexts, and exclusively heterosexual ones at that. Generalisations and claims are made with little evidence out there to actually support them. I did feel when reading that I was being sold to, marketed ideas rather than objectively presented with them. I’m not sure how applicable to real life some claims made may actually be. As you engage in conversation with another person, taking note of eye movements is a natural and important part of the communication process.

The Definitive Book of Body Language: How to read others

What Every BODY is Saying: An Ex-FBI Agent’s Guide to Speed-Reading People – Joe Navarro, Marvin Karlins Montgomery KJ, Isenberg N, Haxby JV. Communicative hand gestures and object-directed hand movements activated the mirror neuron system. Soc Cogn Affect Neurosci. 2007;2(2):114-22. doi:10.1093/scan/nsm004

About Us

This book by Allan Peace is the bible of the body language books and reference to many results you see when you google about this topic and covers a wide and thorough spectrum of topics. Our experience has shown that if we can identify the first deceptive behavior within that first five seconds, we can reasonably conclude that the behavior is directly associated with the stimulus.

The Definitive Book of Body Language - Penguin Random House

LIE TO ME اللى بيبن أد إيه الغرب مهتم بالعلم ده جدا وبيحترمة لدرجة أنه يعمل مسلسل ناجح جدا عليه ولثلاث مواسم كاملة وأحزننى فى نفس الوقت After reading the book, I realized that some of the facts mentioned I have already known but always taken for granted; Such as "positive emotions drive gravity-defying gestures", some repetitive and stroking motions have soothing effect that help a person deal with stress, etc. There are also some new facts (for me) that are good to know. The book is divided into 19 chapters, 15-16 of which deal directly with specific aspects of body language. Language such as foot positioning, hand gestures, and the handling of objects like cigarettes. It codifies certain gestures like the ‘steeple’ and the ‘catapult’, and details the emotions and attitudes likely to be present in a person displaying them. You can also understand how such gestures are likely to be received and reacted to by others. The Secrets of Body Language: An Illustrated Guide to Knowing What People Are Really Thinking and Feelingby Philippe Turchet When to tell if your message being conveyed and that your subjects are open and receptive to your arguments.

How would you describe your social skills?

Overall, his writing is interesting and thought-provoking but is quite padded in places. It’s symptomatic of this kind of industry, but Bowden does come across as patronising in some places. Even so, it’s a worthwhile read. Pros This book goes through all of the different body parts. It shows what types of movements and language people convey, intentionally or unintentionally, and how you can interpret what a person is truly feeling just by looking at their body. We’ve had a lot of practice in saying things that we don’t mean and trying to be duplicitous with our words, but because we haven’t trained our body in the same way it becomes a dead giveaway, almost like our own lie detector working against us. Barbara and Allan Pease say that reading this book and getting an understanding of body language is like going from stumbling around in the dark to turning on the light to seeing what was always there.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment