276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Eat What You Watch: A Cookbook for Movie Lovers

£7.995£15.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Now to the negative: Like I said before, this book is an absolute mess. I should mention first of all, that there are only recipes in here for food from movies, no recipes from tv shows. Maybe Andrew plans on putting the foods from Always Sunny, The Simpsons, Friends, and Seinfeld in a follow-up book, but I was disappointed since these were the recipes I was most looking forward to trying. Yes this point is totally subjective so let me tell you something that is objective fact: This book has zero organization.

Where are the estimated prep and cook times? Especially for a movie-inspired cookbook, where one might be having a literal "dinner and a movie" themed evening, it'd be nice to know how long something takes to prep, without having to go through each step and do the math yourself. Of course, some people might prep or chop faster than others, but even an estimated time would be helpful. The only recipe that gives any warning about prep time is the pastrami sandwich, because you cure your own pastrami, an estimated 2 week process. Cook green beans, broccoli, Brussels sprouts, and asparagus in new ways. Instead of boiling or steaming these healthy sides, try grilling, roasting, or pan frying them with chili flakes, garlic, shallots, mushrooms, or onion. Or marinate in tangy lemon or lime before cooking. Fiber. Eating foods high in dietary fiber (grains, fruit, vegetables, nuts, and beans) can help you stay regular and lower your risk for heart disease, stroke, and diabetes. It can also improve your skin and even help you to lose weight. Learn more »Control emotional eating. We don't always eat just to satisfy hunger. Many of us also turn to food to relieve stress or cope with unpleasant emotions such as sadness, loneliness, or boredom. But by learning healthier ways to manage stress and emotions, you can regain control over the food you eat and your feelings. It's not just what you eat, but when you eat Eat breakfast, and eat smaller meals throughout the day. A healthy breakfast can jumpstart your metabolism, while eating small, healthy meals keeps your energy up all day. Try Andrew Rea's cinematically inspired recipes: Boeuf Bourguignon from Julie & Julia, Confit Byaldi from Ratatouille and Tonkotsu Ramen from Tampopo.

Maybe he wanted to arrange the book by recipe difficulty but then he realized that would also be a bad idea, because nearly all of these recipes I would rate as difficult. Between hard-to-find ingredients, kitchen utensils I don’t own, and the pure amount of time some of these recipes take (some as long as 7 days), I feel like I need culinary schooling before even attempting almost anything in here. I don’t really want to blame Andrew for this point because most of the movie foods we remember are big, show-stopping, incredible dishes. It makes sense that a lot of them are difficult, but it’s really discouraging when I’m looking for a dinner to cook and the only thing I could actually have the time and skill and supplies to make would be Pasta Aglio E Olio from Chef (The only dish I have attempted from this book. It was pretty good).

Eat What You Watch: A Cookbook for Movie Lovers

The thing that I could recommend for those who want to try the recipes at home – and this isn't like a hot tip on a technique or anything – is to really pay attention to what you're doing. Not in an overly focused way, but truly engage yourself in what you're doing. Feel the lore behind each one of those dishes, their storied histories, and the reason why you're making them. The passion shown for those foods in the movie is so great that you felt that you wanted to try it yourself. Throw yourself into it. Great cooking is about bringing yourself closer to your food, bringing those around you closer to your food, and enjoying the process as much as the outcome. Eat What You Watch Cookbook, transports the huge success of Andrew’s Youtube channel to the world of cookbooks. With recipes from more than 40 classic and cult films, this book is the perfect gift for both movie buffs and home cooks who want to add some cinematic flair to their cooking repertoire. This book combines some recipes Andrew has already cooked up in his youtube channel with others that he has not yet shared. Try not to think of certain foods as “off-limits.” When you ban certain foods, it's natural to want those foods more, and then feel like a failure if you give in to temptation. Start by reducing portion sizes of unhealthy foods and not eating them as often. As you reduce your intake of unhealthy foods, you may find yourself craving them less or thinking of them as only occasional indulgences. Let me preface this by saying I’m a huge fan of Andrew Rea and his show, Binging with Babish. Any YouTube connoisseur worth his salt knows about this show, and knows how fun, professional looking, and entertaining it is. Andrew has done some stunning work over the years to recreate the famous foods from our favorite tv shows and movies, so I was excited by the prospect of his cookbook coming out with some of the recipes that I could follow and create at home. Unfortunately this book is an absolute mess. Calcium. As well as leading to osteoporosis, not getting enough calcium in your diet can also contribute to anxiety, depression, and sleep difficulties. Whatever your age or gender, it's vital to include calcium-rich foods in your diet, limit those that deplete calcium, and get enough magnesium and vitamins D and K to help calcium do its job. Learn more »

The boeuf bourguignon is from a movie about a woman who changes her entire life by paying attention to and enjoying the creation and eating of food and her connection with Julia Child, who revolutionized how we all cook at home. CW: What is the cultural importance of food both as a character and as a source of sustenance throughout the history of television and movies? Eat with others whenever possible. Eating alone, especially in front of the TV or computer, often leads to mindless overeating. On that note, I liked the descriptions for each recipe and movie quotes (where possible). They directly tied each recipe to a scene in its movie, instead of just leaving them as loosely "inspired by" sorts of dishes.

Restaurants

Andrew Rea: It boils down to being as rigorously accurate as possible. In the case of, say, Ratatouille, that dish, confit byaldi with its particular plating and preparation, was created by Thomas Keller. So, it's a matter of finding out who solved it as the food guru on Ratatouille, and it was Thomas Keller, then looking at pics for confit byaldi. That's an opportunity to be extremely accurate. I like the variety of dishes. Some (many) are more challenging or time/labor intensive, but there are a number that seem more basic, or have good ready-made substitutions included in the instructions (like the fish tacos - you can make the tortillas and refried beans and so on yourself, or you can use store bought equivalents)

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment