276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Corsair iCUE H115i RGB ELITE Liquid CPU Cooler (16 Dynamic RGB LEDs, 140mm AF ELITE Series FDB Fans, 280mm Radiator, iCUE Software Compatible - LGA 1700, 1200, 115X, 2066, and AM4 Sockets) Black

£81.49£162.98Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

While it was fairly easy with previous generations of CPUs for coolers to keep the flagship i9 processor well under TJ max (the maximum temperature a CPU can sustain without throttling) in tough workloads, this is no longer realistically possible on current generation CPUs (and the 13900K especially) without extreme cooling (or enabling power limits). At least you could if reliably controlling the Corsair iCue H115i Elite Capellix was a given. In our experience and with the current software and firmware, that’s not quite the case. Initial installation and setup with Corsair’s iCue software went smoothly and the interface offers more RGB configuration options than you could humanly desire. CORSAIR AF140 RGB ELITE PWM fans deliver massive low-noise airflow with AirGuide technology for extreme CPU cooling performance. The gpu will certainly heat up the inside so the Cyberpunk results don’t surprise me. The prolonged time after gaming at high temps suggests environmental heat, but can also be a restricted cooler. How does the 48C compare to something like the motherboard sensor or any other internal temp data? If another unit received power when on the same SATA connection, your Elite Capellix may be defective.

This is actually the second Elite Capellix AIO I've gone through; I returned the first due to a noisy pump, though it also had high liquid temperatures as well. Ambient temperature is ~22 C, it's winter time and in a basement. From a cold boot, the coolant starts at 25 C and constantly creeps up from there. I've tried setting the radiator fans to both exhaust and intake which didn't seem to make much of a difference. I've repasted this CPU about five times now as well.In terms of performance, we are not expecting any major leaps forward with the Elite Capellix series as it is based on the same CoolIT pump/radiator combination as seen in previous Corsair coolers (RGB platinum and RGB Pro XT) so this new generation is focusing on the new RGB technology as its selling point. But is this enough to pursued consumers to splash out their hard-earned cash in these uncertain times we are currently facing?

You could even say that designers of AIO coolers have become lazy, by just pumping out the same old stuff year on year with minor tweaks here and there to justify a new product launch. Asetek often makes minor adjustments to its pump design, the company is on to its 7 th generation AIO pump solution now, but we don’t see a huge thermal performance increase from one generation to the next, improvements are more focused on acoustics, reliability and efficiency.

ZERO RPM MODE

The increased cooling challenges posed by Raptor Lake mean that we’ve had to change some of the ways we test coolers. Some coolers were able to pass Cinebench R23 multicore testing with Intel’s 12th Gen i9-12900K when power limits were removed (although only the strongest models were able to pass that test). Most liquid coolers and all air coolers I’ve tested “failed” that test because the CPU reached TJ max in this scenario.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment