276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Morrisons Real Lancashire Tripe, 300 - 450 Grams (CW) (Forced)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

I like it with a couple of grilled pork sausages, and fresh sourdough bread with plenty of salted butter on the side.

Lancashire tripe back in fashion | Great British Life

Few would relish the thought of tucking into a plate of gelatinous cow’s stomach - no matter how well disguised. The Real Lancashire Black Pudding Company supply several supermarkets, including Morrisons and Asda. While we have taken care in preparing this summary and believe it to be accurate, it is not a substitute for reading the product packaging and label prior to use. Now I’ve just made it for myself which I do occasionally, like I do all the meals from my childhood!I also remember going to the butchers for a couple of pounds of sparib, which was cooked all day in the coal heated oven and served with chips floating in the gravy, the bones were even soft enough to eat, delicious…. Fergus Henderson, the owner of St John’s, a restaurant that has become a temple to offal, recommends cooking it gently in milk with a pinch of mace.

Morrisons The Best Triple Cooked Chunky Chips | Morrisons Morrisons The Best Triple Cooked Chunky Chips | Morrisons

It’s a clean product,which people don’t realise, and it also has a really strong Lancashire feel to it,’ she said. I always put my own twist so today I made Onion Sauce separately (mix flour and milk, add butter and diced onion softened in boiling water, then puréed )having cooked the tripe to tender in water first, adding chopped onion half way through the cooking. One of the doubters was former butcher Andy Holt, who now runs the Real Lancashire Black Pudding Company in Haslingden, now producing Real Lancashire Tripe.Tripe used to be a staple in many households, especially in Lancashire and Yorkshire, where it was considered a nutritious, good value ingredient. These adverts enable local businesses to get in front of their target audience – the local community. Devoted tripe fans eat it with just a little vinegar but try combining lots of different herbs and spices to get thebest out of it. New season steamed potatoes with butter, on the side – except, the very floury part of the potato that breaks up when cutting add it to the tripe dish! Yorkshire dad and grandparents plus Jodie mum and family, although born a Londoner, naturally the North is where most of my tastes come from.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment