Magento Forum - UK Magento Forum (Unofficial)

An unofficial but dedicated Magento Forum for Magento Users, Designers and Developers

Changing the Default Store to GB English

A forum for web designers working with the Magento system.

Changing the Default Store to GB English

Postby livetech » Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:57 am

Hi All,

Busy making a store here and it is going OK. Getting to grips with Magento slowly.

Question on the Languages though. I cant get the store to show UK English.

I have followed these steps so far....

I installed the en_GB via Connect, using a slightly older version so the files installed correctly in apps/locale

I then go to admin/System/Configuration
In the General tab there is an option for Locale - this is already set to English (United Kingdom)

I click on Save config and flush the cache.

No change on the front end of the site, still saying Tax instead of VAT etc etc.

I have been trying all sorts to try and sort this out, even testing renaming the language folders in apps/locale to en_US-removed and en_gb-removed. Nothing changes on the front end of the site - still the same US english.

Using version 1.5.1.0

Any ideas what I am doing wrong ?

Cheers
livetech

Re: Changing the Default Store to GB English

Postby livetech » Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:37 am

Edit - just noticed there is a en_US in a Locale folder in the theme I am using - DOH!

Changing this over now and will see what happens.
livetech

Re: Changing the Default Store to GB English

Postby livetech » Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:51 am

OK, copying the en_GB folder to the locale folder in my theme, makes no difference whatsoever.

Renaming the en_GB to en_US and calling the existing en_US en_US-removed makes no difference at all.

Flushing the cache after every change.

Where in the admin area does one set the language to en_GB etc for the default store??
livetech

Return to Magento Designers