276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Behind Closed Doors: The gripping, shocking, million-copy and international bestselling psychological thriller from the author of The Dilemma

£3.995£7.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

But the hints of other crimes Tempe’s identification uncovers, particularly crimes against children, spur her on to redouble her efforts despite the new M.

And now maybe all that was left was to see how it was all to be resolved – except I’m less than half way through! It was crazily vivid, in my opinion, and the last three paragraphs sent literal chills down my spine. This was a really well written book looking into teenage homelessness and how you never really know what’s going on in someone else’s life. I can't remember the last time a book made me feel such an all-consuming, visceral hatred for a character. Despite Behind Closed Doors being Catherine Alliott’s 17th novel, it is the only one I’ve read – and I loved it!In another book I read two years ago ---One of my personal favorites about two aging Gay men --after WWII --"Hide" by Matthew Griffin", there is a very tragic accident where a dog is killed --but it was 'not' intentional. Grace was just about to ask Millie to stop when Jack appeared out of nowhere, dancing with Millie and charming everyone watching, including Grace. Vickery is rare as an author who can speculate as to how certain events might actually have felt to those involved, whilst keeping the discussion firmly rooted in the sources and not seeming overfanciful. An evocative account of life in Georgian England … How much we owe historians who trawl through the illegible and scattered archives for us to assemble these alternative accounts of history. It was quite scary just how easily Jack managed to effectively trap and control Grace while still appearing normal to the rest of the world.

This is all I can remember because this is all I see in the most intense portions of any movie — a small slice of the action. Behind Closed Doors is a page-turner on one hand and a thoughtful meditation on the other: dispassionate, balanced and brave. Amanda Vickery has uncovered wonderful stories and characters, and written a book that is amusing as it is scholarly. There are many tough situations, some of which every reader will recognize from their own experience. I particularly liked how she dealt with events and circumstances that aren’t necessarily talked about, or don’t seem exactly harmful, but can evidently have drastic consequences.Behind Closed Doors is about a woman, Grace who is married to a handsome, wealthy and successful domestic abuse lawyer, Jack. However, they go on with the wedding without both Millie and Grace’s parents, who ride in the ambulance with Millie, who has broken her leg. The meal has been brilliantly prepared by Grace, though it’s clear she had to expend much more energy than she’d wanted to deliver to Jack’s expected standard. Every parent, every politician, every social worker should read this brilliant book on our present state. For Claire's loving nature–and passionate secrets–had shaken the unshakable Quinn to the point where once his job ended, he didn't know if he would ever be able to walk away.

In this brilliant work, Amanda Vickery unlocks the homes of Georgian England to examine the lives of the people who lived there. The story has some interesting twists and turns and I have to say it has a good, solid plot that will keep you entertained from the beginning. Grace was a likeable character for the most part, but honestly at times she was so frustrating that I really wanted to throttle her. Although I questioned some of Grace's decisions, it felt like one of those situations where you couldn't possibly know how you would react unless it was happening to you.

There was no gradual build up of Jack becoming invaluable in her life, one minute she was single, the next she was married to a man who left her alone on their wedding night. Diving into the spoiler >>>> "Molly could only have been dead a few days at the most, because her body hadn't started to decompose. As I got near the end and the really tense final pages where the past catches up with the present, I literally could not stop until I finished the book, finally putting my light out at 1am!

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment