276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Garmin fēnix 7S Solar Multisport GPS Watch, Slate Grey with Black Band

£344.995£689.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The Fenix 7 series significantly increases the solar capabilities over the Fenix 6. It accomplishes this in three basic ways: For the first time, the Fenix 7S is the same price as the standard 47mm Fenix 7 – so there's no cost saving by opting for the smaller version. Overwhelming days did produce higher readings in Garmin Connect. We also saw big spikes in stress while ill – so it’s worth keeping an eye on. We tried a practical experiment to navigate to the train station – something hikers might want to do. Sadly, all stations and bus stops were ambiguously labeled “Ground Transportation”– which isn’t helpful.

Got all that? Good. Here’s some charts to help you make sense of it. First up is the battery comparison chart: Away from mapping, you can add GPX routes to the watch and follow waypoints, which is great for pre-planned adventures, and useful once the trails get faint. Smartwatch features As for positional accuracy, that’s just as impressive. I was initially sent a Fenix 7s Solar to test, which didn’t have multiband GPS support – one of the watch’s much-touted new features at the launch – but even without multiband GNSS, positional accuracy was phenomenal. With single-band, all-systems GNSS enabled, I found the distances matched those reported by my Stryd pod to within 1.1%. That’s a stunning result, and examination of the GPS traces show very little wandering or corner-cutting. What’s more, Garmin plays nicely with third parties, and you can have data shared to platforms such as Strava if you wish. Likewise, Strava users can see Live Segments on the wrist, too. The Fenix 7X contains a three-LED flashlight at the top of the unit. Two of those LEDs are white, and the third is red. There are basically four core scenarios for the flashlight here:Trail running, running, hiking, climbing, mountain biking, skiing, snowboarding, XC skiing, stand-up paddleboarding, rowing, kayaking, Jumpmaster, tactical The sports available on the Fenix 7 series are (some are technically not sports, but fall under the apps list, like Map Manager): Increased the overall surface area of the solar panels on the watch by up to 54% (e.g. Fenix 7X vs Fenix 6X)

While the thin rim around the Fenix 6 wasn’t as obvious, the much wider rim on the Fenix 7 is clearly visible. Though, I guess I’ve just gotten so used to the look that it doesn’t bother me any. Here’s that identified: We tested the titanium Solar Sapphire version which weighs 58g with a silicone strap – but the standard version only weighs slightly more at 63g.Navigate your next trail with ABC sensors, including an altimeter for elevation data, barometer to monitor weather and 3-axis electronic compass.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment