276°
Posted 20 hours ago

SanDisk Ultra 64GB SDXC Memory Card, Up to 120 MB/s, Class 10, UHS-I, V10

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Even for a single movie of 1.8 GB it took 2 minutes 30 sec by stopwatch to transfer. The write speeds started with 13 MB/sec and went down & down to 10-11 MB/sec. Even with my older Kingston DT elite 3.0 16GB,the write speeds were in excess of 21 MB/Sec. if like most people you will be using this pen drive on laptops or other devices of friends or co-workers, then leave the existing FAT32 File System as it is.

TOO TIGHT FOR PHONES: The pen drive is a tight fit on mobile phones & tablets - so be careful when pulling it out so as to not damage your phone - because this is also the charging point for your phone. If you feel that your phone is too tight for this pen drive, then it is best not to use it for phone data storage management.

Customer reviews

I had never expected it to be this slow in this modern era of 2018, thus finally I decided to return it but I suppose I will only get a replacement & not reversal. SanDisk Ultra® microSDHC™ and microSDXC™ UHS-I cards are compatible with Android™ smartphones and tablets, Chromebooks, and Windows® laptops. Just insert the card to instantly increase available storage space—at a great value relative to alternatives. New Windows® convertible and ultra-light laptop users, in particular, who were accustomed to the multiple terabytes of storage common on larger laptops will appreciate cards enabling more private physical storage. Benchmark Crystal Disk mark scores for a file transfer of 500 MB size were 34 MB/s -Read & 19 MB/s – write which looked like a mere consolation. Transfer between my Samsung S7 mobile & S2 tablet too was not fast. My basic intent was to load bulk movies from my laptop into it and watch it over my TV or mobile, However when I was transferring 6 movies of a total size 8.1 GB , it started showing 15 minutes which kept on getting higher & it felt like waiting forever for it to happen. Blazing transfer speeds lets you offload cards fast. Use with the SanDisk® MobileMate® USB 3.0 microSD™ card reader 6 to achieve up to 150MB/s speeds 2.

See Western Digital White Paper- Flash 101 and Flash Management. A detailed overview of flash and flash management (August 2018): documents.westerndigital.com/content/dam/doc-library/en_us/assets/public/western-digital/collateral/white-paper/white-paper-sandisk-flash101-management.pdf MOBILE PHONES: The pen drive works with Android OS of Mi phones such as Redmi Note running Android including old Android Version 9 as well. CONSTRUCTION: The device has a plastic body & the overall construction of the drive is just average. The retractable plastic column seems to the weakest link of all and would surely break if you accidentally step over it. However the actual drive storage portion is built of a rigid plastic and won’t give up so easily. Both the USB ports are built of metal which again is quite a relief. STORAGE : Out of the total name plate rating of 64 GB , the actual allocated space for usage is around 57 GB which is ok enough.SanDisk is an Israeli-American manufacturer of flash memory products, including memory cards and readers, USB flash drives, and solid state drives. As of February 2015, it is the third-largest manufacturer of flash memory. SAME AS OTHERS: For the 64GB pen drive, actual storage space available is 57.2GB. This is normal and not some fraud or fake advertisement. This is because it has FAT32 File System. Also, the device uses some space for its functionality and use. Approximations: Results and Full HD (1920x1080) video support may vary based on host device, file attributes, and other factors. I know that read-write speeds depend upon a lot of factors including transferred file type, format configuration of drive, configuration of host & destination device etc.

BEWARE that if the pen drive has NTFS File System then it won't work with mobile phones, tablets, laptops which don't have Windows Operating System. Same way, if you format the pen drive for Linux OS File System, it won't be recognised on Windows laptops, Android phones, tablets, etc. SanDisk Ultra is a brand of Western Digital which is the same company that sells external hard-disk storage devices under the brand WD Elements and WD Portable. HEATING: Even with just 10 minutes of use, you can touch and feel that the metal part of the pen drive is getting heated. But the performance of the drive has not got affected by the heat. This heating does not happen in WD external hard-disks and seems to be unique to small pen drives of various brands.A1 performance is 1500 read IOPS, 500 write IOPS. Based on internal testing. Results may vary based on host device, app type, and other factors. The device comes with the title “SanDisk Ultra - Dual Drive m3.0” and is the newer 2017 version of its previous iteration. Here I need to quote that the term “Ultra” came quite as a surprise to me as I found nothing in lines with a common understanding of Ultra. We will discuss it in detail in upcoming columns of speed. COVERAGE: The plan covers all defects & malfunctions under the original manufacturer’s warranty. The plan starts the day after the manufacturer’s warranty ends. It does not cover physical or liquid damage, accessories, consumables or parts that are not covered under the standard manufacturer’s warranty.

I admit I have a USB 2.0 port at my laptop yet I was never used to such low speeds ever. The tagline “Ultra” and mentioned speeds of 130 MB/sec (which I suppose is the rated max. speeds at USB 3.0 ports) felt like a dream and beyond exaggeration. In Linux OS laptop the available storage space on this FAT32 pen drive is shown to be 61.5GB. So that's 4GB more than what Windows OS calculates using their NTFS File System. With your Linux system's file format, you will have better storage space than any Windows File System.Finally with every passing minute it became all the more unbearable and annoying. Even in NTFS format speeds were the same. A Note : Speed enthusiasts though should refrain from this version & should try its designated speedier extreme versions or other brands like transcend, Samsung. STORAGE FORMAT: Since the previous FAT32 version had a limitation of file transfer size of a maximum of 4 GB for a single file & NTFS was not compatible with mac OS so with increasing file sizes ex FAT format was devised which doesn’t have a size limitation like FAT yet is compatible with Mac as well. So our drive has only ex FAT & NTFS formats to choose & comes in ex FAT by default with 128 KB file allocation size. Increasing the file allocation size may increase the transfer speeds a little but will affect the storage capacity little too. Changing it from 128 to 256 KB increased my write speeds from 13 MB/s to 15 MB/s if that’s a relief to anyone. WARRANTY : The product comes with a 5 year limited warranty which is one of the segment best offers. With a micro-USB connector on one end and a USB 3.0 connector on the other, the drive lets you move content easily between your android phones, tablets (with micro USB ports only) or laptops.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment