Magento Forum - UK Magento Forum (Unofficial)

An unofficial but dedicated Magento Forum for Magento Users, Designers and Developers

Alignment issue?

A forum for web designers working with the Magento system.

Alignment issue?

Postby Clodbuster » Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:31 pm

I've been forced to change to Magento and currently in the middle of switching over. I'm having a problem getting the product display to look as I want it.

The Description is being constrained in a column on the right hand side resulting in a huge blank space on the left. This is still a development site so I don't know if you can see what I'm talking about ;- http://mag.agrisellex.co.uk/all-in-one- ... g-kit.html

I'm hoping some kind soul will point me in the right direction. Thanks
Clodbuster

Re: Alignment issue?

Postby Dx3Webs » Sat Jun 25, 2011 1:04 am

are we looking at your short or long description?

short description usually goes there...

long normally in main col

depends on your template
Dx3webs
UK based Optimised Magento Managed Hosting : Full Managed service with Unlimited technical support
Contact Us | Dx3webs Magento Demo Store
Dx3Webs

Postby Clodbuster » Sun Jun 26, 2011 6:46 am

That is the long description - I cannot see the point of repeating the short description on the expanded view when you have already persauded the prospectus to look deeper into the product.

The long description is needed at the top to instruct the person on how to use the page. It is a bit ridiculous to ask him to scroll to the bottom to read instructions, then scroll back to the top to begin making his selections. He could have been looking at the page with a blank look in his/her eye and gone elswhere without scrolling down when in fact it is what he/she wants. :cry:

I'm a great believer in the KISS mantra.
Clodbuster

Postby Clodbuster » Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:18 am

Would someone kindly outline the path to the template?

Thanks.
Clodbuster

Return to Magento Designers