276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Ophelia After All

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Ophelia Rojas is a wonderful realistic character. reading through her point of view truly was a new kind of experience. I’m actually revising a lot of projects at the moment! Our Shadows Have Claws is a YA horror anthology with all Latine authors, edited by Amparo Ortiz and Yamile Saied Méndez, that comes out in the fall of 2022 and features my short story about the Colombian succubus myth, La Patasola. I’m also revising my sophomore book, You Don’t Have a Shot , which is set for 2023 and follows rival soccer captains who are forced to team up to salvage both of their athletic futures. Sapphic rivals to lovers!!! And lastly, also in 2023, Study Break is an anthology written by all gen Z authors with interconnected stories taking place at one fictional college! So I’ve been very, very busy this year, but I’m already working on what could hopefully become my 2024 book! Ophelia After All" is a stunningly gorgeous book about discovering who you are, finding your support systems, and learning to be okay with where you are on your own journey. Ophelia's struggle with finding her identity and coming in terms with her newly discovered sexual felt very genuine. All her life, Ophelia has always ‘fallen in love just a little bit every day with someone new’. To all her family and friends, Ophelia has always been ‘boy crazy Ophelia’, but when Ophelia realizes that she has a crush on one of the girls at school, this calls everything she knows about herself into question. Anybody would get frustrated in such situations. So, Ophelia's tantums and burst offs were understandable. We would never!” Agatha clutches her hand to her chest. “You know we gave up that immature practice decades ago, dear Samuel.” So when she finds herself thinking more about cute, quiet Talia Sanchez than the loss of a perfect prom with her ex-boyfriend, seeds of doubt take root in Ophelia's firm image of herself. Add to that the impending end of high school and the fracturing of her once-solid friend group, and things are spiralling a little out of control.

Filled with realistic elements, this lovely coming-of-age story follows Ophelia as she explores her identity as well as the ups and downs of high school... This touching debut offers an emotional ride that readers will be happy to embark upon." — Booklist we’ve watched this shit show love triangle bullshit go on for months. i think it’s our business now A sweet and tender ode to love and self-discovery. Racquel Marie's vibrant and insightful prose, and fresh, funny, fearlessly vulnerable characters make for a beautiful debut you won't want to miss. Ophelia After All is utterly lovely." This book made me laugh out loud. This book made me cry. It had me on my toes. It broke me apart then gradually sewed up the broken pieces together again. In a word, reading this book, was an amazing experience.

I know that I'll be holding this book close to my heart for a long time. It was wholesome, emotional and heartbreaking at once.

When I first saw that Racquel was going to have this novel published, I was thinking of ways I could formulate a review that wouldn't be biased as Racquel and I have been mutuals for year. Ophelia’s hobby of gardening (specifically roses) is very unique. What is the significance behind her passion for horticulture? A feel-good and effortlessly inclusive coming-of-age story that deftly captures the aching tension of queer adolescence.The friendships and family dynamics portrayed here are wonderful to say the least. The author brilliantly explores the ins and outs of different kinds of relationships. From Ophelia's relation with her parents to her friendship with each of her friends - everything is well done. The way she navigates her friendship troubles is incredibly well written. Disagreements and conflicts are a huge part of these relationships. Racquel bravely portrays them all without any filter. Both the dialogues and inner monologues are so raw and unfiltered that one have to marvel at their originality. On thing I definitely have to say. This book is surprisingly honest to the high school experience. These days, it pretty hard to find books which present the reality of high school. Reading a realistic high school story once seemed like a dream. Racquel Marie has made our dream comes true. "Ophelia After All" offers a very genuine approach to the raw, messy and complicated high school life. There are unnecessary quarrels, dreamy crushes, hilarious pranks, cheesy acts, complex love triangles, romance, heartbreaks and many more.... Hi Racquel! Thank you so much for joining me over here on Misty Realms. Can you tell us a bit about yourself and your writing journey till now? The main song I associate with Ophelia is “She” by dodie because of how thematically aligned they are, but I’d also pair my book with “The Prom” by Urban Cone, “Boys” and “Crush Phase” by Jill Baylon, “since i was young” by Wrabel & Kesha, “Crush Culture” by Conan Gray, and “Girls Like Girls” by Hayley Kiyoko. These are all on my personal Ophelia After All playlist but I might make a public one closer to the book’s release!

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment