276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Five Nights at Freddy's: The Fourth Closet: 3

£3.995£7.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

John had been traumatized for six months after watching his girlfriend Charlotte "Charlie" Emily die at the hands of Twisted Freddy in her childhood house. Charlie had miraculously reappeared the day after her death, but John couldn't bring himself to believe that it was actually Charlie, thinking it was an imposter. John was at his construction job, but was distracted by his nightmares that replayed the death of Charlie. Thinking his head was 'in the clouds', his boss warned him to stop getting distracted. John went home after work. He lived in a small, shabby apartment with very little furniture with almost no decorations. The one decoration he did have was the head of Theodore. In the middle of the night, John went on a walk by himself. Sometime later, Carlton is in the hospital. He is telling the story of what happened with Jacob, William, Michael, Susie, Cassidy, and Fritz to Marla, Jessica, John, and his father Clay. Carlton asked Clay if Charlie was okay, to which he responded saying he was still looking for her. Carlton also asked about " Hot Charlie" (Circus Baby), to which Marla responded by slapping him. Carlton complained, having just almost died and being on a hospital bed. John told Clay that he won't be able to find Charlie, but didn't explain why and walked away. John then went to a graveyard to mourn Charlie's death and goes to the grave of Henry Emily and, next to it, Charlotte Emily (1980-1983). i was legitimately invested in every protagonist, and for all its faults, at least every protagonist was legitimately invested in these really long plot dumps The way the plot progressed was, actually, surprisingly compelling, ratcheting up the conflict with several well placed reveals which, to me, proved to be all really interesting. And, weirdly enough, all of them had little to do with the previous books, for the most part. There was sort of an underlying mystery in the previous books but the central mystery here mostly revolved around the very very ending of the last book, with of course plenty of plot points from the previous ones being reintroduced to help explore this new mystery in a sense

More confusing is how Baby says she used to be a little girl, yet Charlie never had the actual soul of original Charlie. Baby explains how each closet holds a different stage of Charlie's life. Ella was toddler Charlie. Second closet, her as a kid. Third Closet, her current self as a teenager. Baby explains that she herself is the one from the Fourth Closet. Baby tells Charlie about how Henry said Baby was a mistake.

Publication Order of Five Nights at Freddy’s: Fazbear Frights Books

somehow this one cast a weird spell on me and kept a weird, sustained "meta dread" throughout. I just really hoped the plot wouldnt be what it was. but what can i say? it was. Of course the book did carry its own weight a lot of the time, and this is a really important detail wherein i might dissent a little bit from some other reviewers, because i really liked EVERY single main protagonist across this series. If something bad were to happen to any of them, I'd feel legitimately bummed out, and when a given scene had actual stakes, I was actually rooting for the protagonists to make it out alive! There's no shortage of weird robot chase scenes or sneaky sleuth stealth scenes, and I was genuinely into it a lot of the time. John and Charlie look at pictures that are clearly of Charlie throughout her life which both of them should recognize and yet neither of them think to question why Henry’s robot designs were Charlie lookalikes. Let's start with the beginning. The first two chapters consist entirely of...John complaining. Great. Those first three chapters were just depressing and boring reading through John's daily routine of not caring about anything except "what happened to Charlie" and being sad. It gets to the point where's so spacy and careless about anything that his boss actually fires him and I can honestly see why! I wouldn't want people standing around acting like a space cadet in the middle of an active construction zone! It's dangerous to the other people actually doing their job, it's dangerous to him, and it's a liability to my business!

I would argue it really is about a million plot twists, monologues, and a romantic subplot, by the time it comes to a head. Of course, by the time it comes to a head, it also dissolves into existential nightmares about the reliability of memories and the existence of a spirit world, which feels absurdly off base on the one hand and on the other hand, as ive mentioned before, The Freddy Files Description: "Charlie's father, the founder of Fredbear's Family Diner, was an engineer with a childlike sense of imagination. He personally built all the animatronics at the restaurant. Charlie remembers him as a good man, but-unbeknownst to her-he took many dark secrets to his grave." Then he and Baby make Jessica do surgery on him and this scene was actually pretty good. The gory and gruesome detail it goes into as Baby takes out his organs and replaces them was actually really nasty. But that leads to another problem where sometimes the book goes into very little description and then sometimes it goes into really gruesome and brutal detail which can be pretty jarring at some points. Then Jessica can't take it anymore and screams at the top of her lungs until Baby transforms into Charlie again. I found myself really hooked to this story and I didn't want to put it down. It is fast paced and full of crazy twists and turns that you will need to read the first three books for. But, you could easily jump into this series if you haven't played the games. Playing the games just makes the easter eggs in this book more fun!On their way, they will solve the twisted mystery of what actually happened to Charlie, as well as the haunting legacy that comes with her dad’s creations. For this second date with Not-Charlie, John and Jessica came up with a plan. John would go their and essentially question Not-Charlie and try to get some more facts out of there, meanwhile Jessica would go with Carlton to the Italian place to keep an eye out from a nearby booth that Not-Charlie couldn't see. John arrived at the location to see that Not-Charlie was early, which threw John off a lot as the real Charlie would always be late. Not-Charlie, seeming to know what John had done the day prior, grilled John about why he was at Silver Reef, Utah yesterday. John explained that he had an interest in history and was studying the silver and gold rushes. John also continued to tell Not-Charlie that he didn't think she was the real Charlie, to which Not-Charlie started becoming suspicious of John. Not-Charlie then walked over to John and kissed him on the cheek, then leaving. Jessica and Carlton then talked to John about what happened and Carlton said that Not-Charlie was hot. Jessica got mad at Carlton over this comment, slapping him and leaving. John and Carlton also left the Italian place with nothing better to do.

For those alone, the plotting is massively impressive, but the Fourth Closet also has it's own story to tell beyond just resolving things that happened in other books. Bad things are once again happening in Hurricane, Utah, and I won't spoil specifics, but I will say that there are several incredibly tense moments. As far as pure horror, this is easily the darkest and most grotesque of the trilogy, and yet the most suspenseful moments in the book are often when a single experience is stretched into an entire chapter, in which case the things that *aren't* happening (yet) are almost more horrifying than the stuff that does. Oftentimes the most horrific parts are also the most revealing, and while the books have a different lore from the games, there are passages that certainly relate. I oftentimes found myself slowly re-reading certain passages and even making notes of individual words that evoked something pertaining to the game or even other bits of other books. I don't think I've ever willingly read into the text of a book so closely, looking for hidden meanings. It's the type of thing you do all the time in an English class for "serious literature" and yet, I think this is where I've finally realized what a thrill that type of reading can be, hanging onto every word for some tiny, but revealing detail. From the creator of the horror video game sensation Five Nights at Freddy's comes this pulse-pounding graphic novel adaptation of the bestselling trilogy's thrilling conclusion! On August 25, 2021, it was discovered that the hardcover version of the book was delayed to May 3, 2022.It is later revealed that Michael's spirit, along with the other victims, inhabits the animatronics in Freddy Fazbear's Pizza. Specifically, Michael's soul resides in the yellow Freddy suit that was used at Fredbear's Family Diner.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment