276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Bandit Country: The IRA and South Armagh

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

I have attempted to strip away the myth and propaganda of both sides to produce what I hope will be recognised as one of the most compelling and important books of the Troubles.

Then, I knew very little about the situation in Northern Ireland and even less about the IRA, except for what I heard from my then-fiance/now-husband, who grew up there.I chose to read it because I wanted to better understand the significance of the current peace process by learning more about the turmoil and what exactly is being overcome. It doesn't go into much detail but with a little "google work" you can look up the victims and read more about their story.

However, its worth finding a copy as its one of the best books about the troubles and the stories of South Armagh are incredibly interesting. Joe Johnson finds himself in the crosshairs of a Northern Ireland serial sniper who is awaiting the US president’s arrival. If IRA disarmament provokes a split, the hard-line dissenters almost certainly will hail from South Armagh.Bandit country is a haunting exploration of this place and its people, looking back to the Troubles and forward towards Brexit – and to the ever-looming fences and boundaries with which we must reckon, collectively and urgently.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment