276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Poo in the Zoo: The Great Poo Mystery: 2 (Poo in the Zoo, 2)

£3.995£7.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The book doesn't quite reach the mark of being a great book in my opinion as we never get a real answer or even a mildly humorous ending? What this does I guess is allows parents to fill in the blanks when they read it to their child or perhaps the child reader coming up with their own answer. I was told 'the monkey hides all the poo' - I was left saying that they most likely compost the poo, but not the meat eating animal poo's. Finishing the book with the monkey and seeing the illustrated child's face - was it hinting towards the monkey throwing the poo? We'll never know. We all really learned a lot of new things from this book! I was surprised by how much we learned actually. The illustrations are detailed with wonderful facial expressions on the animals. This book is perfectly aimed at small children who can follow the story with the large illustrations and detail in the images. The rhythm and rhyme of the book is excellent to get the children excited as they read, shouting out the word POO. An excellent picture book, perfect for sharing together. Add What Do They Do with All That Poo? by Jane Kurtz to your home library today! It’s been kid tested by toddlers, preschoolers, and kindergarteners in my house and highly approved by all! All in all, I must say I enjoyed this book a lot. It was disgusting at times, but it was also great fun. The illustrations also really helped, as I loved how stuff was drawn (not the poo though, but the animals and the characters). The colours are just perfect and matched the whole story. (A few times I have seen books use bright colours when that totally didn't fit, so yay, for books doing the right thing.)

While the book is obviously about poop, there really is a lot of learning to be had. It’s not just a simple or basic book about poop. There’s no poop jokes or inappropriate humor either. It’s a truly educational take on a subject that is part of life. Everyone poops! And come on, we all know kids LOVE talking about poop anyway. Anh’s first book, The Happiest Refugee, is his enormously popular memoir recounting his perilous childhood journey in a tiny boat from war-torn Vietnam to Australia. The book became an instant hit and has won numerous awards including Australian Book of the Year.

If you're coming to Coles by car, why not take advantage of the 2 hours free parking at Sainsbury's Pioneer Square - just follow the signs for Pioneer Square as you drive into Bicester and park in the multi-storey car park above the supermarket. Come down the travelators, exit Sainsbury's, turn right and follow the pedestrianised walkway to Crown Walk and turn right - and Coles will be right in front of you. You don't need to shop in Sainsbury's to get the free parking! Where to Find Us Who could have done THIS poo?" Wondered Little Bob McGrew. "I've never seen a poo so green. It's rather sparkly, too!" WHO could have done the sparkly, squishy green poo that has appeared in little Bob McGrew's zoo? One by one, the animals explain why it couldn't possibly be theirs. Steve Smallman's hilarious rhyming text contains all the anarchic humour of the picture book, Poo in the Zoo, in a new board book format - complete with poo to squish! Children will love playing with the squishy tactile poo while trying to discover whose poo it could be. This board book is perfect for fans of rhyming texts, funny stories, animals - and poo! This joke-filled board book adaptation of the best-selling Poo in the Zoo series - with illustrations from Ada Grey - is ideal for younger children aged 3 to 5. It's great to read with books like Does this Poo Belong to You? and Wish Upon a Poopicorn, or to play alongside Poo Bingo or Who Did This Poo? A Matching & Memory Game. Dapo Adeola, Tracy Darnton, Joseph Coelho and Chitra Soundar are among the 19 authors and illustrators longlisted for the Inclusive Books for Child...

Anh Do is a comedian, artist and also one of the highest selling Australian authors of all time, with total book sales approaching 3 million. The second Poo in the Zoo book by Smallman, this was originally published in Great Britain in 2022.Are you ready for this book? What Do They Do with All That Poo? is a new fun and surprisingly educational book from author Jane Kurtz that tells the story of what happens to animal waste in zoos. That’s right, it’s a book about poo! Let’s be honest- you know your kids will have a blast reading this one. Anyway with that aside, if I look at this book from a child's perspective, with humor in mind it actually works pretty well - albeit up until the conclusion. The book follows a families visit to a zoo, and each family member comes up with an answer to the question. I can imagine the punchlines to the verses delivering the 'eww's' and 'ahh's' that is intended - mixing animal poo and children's favorite foods would do it every time. Zoo Keeper Bob is exhausted. There's too much poo in the zoo - and he's the one who has to scoop it up. Then one day, a mysterious glowing poo appears! Could it be alien poop from outer space? And what on EARTH will Bob do with it? It’s a great book about animals and what happens to all that poo in the zoo! We’ve been to the zoo dozens of times and I vaguely remember my daughter asking about the poop before but honestly I’ve never given much thought to waste disposal at a zoo. However, now I can say I do know what happens to all that poo! In 2019, Anh released Wolf Girl, a series about a little girl who gets lost in forest and befriends a group of dogs and an enormous Wolf who become her family. Then came Rise of the Mythix, which marks the first of a number of sagas described by Anh as ‘A superhero movie in a book’.

I've worked in children's television, specifically in character development and most notably in the 'Raggy Doll' series in the mid to late 1980's. I have also done a certain amount of licensed work, illustrating characters such as Postman Pat, Bill and Ben and Sesame Street. Steve Smallman lives in Staffordshire with his wife, two dogs and two cats. He has four children and a grandchild. Steve has been illustrating children’s books for almost 30 years and writing his own stories for slightly less. He also teaches illustration workshops in schools, including mural-painting. Steve is the author of Smelly Peter the Great Pea Eater (Winner of the Sheffield Children's Book Award 2009) and The Lamb Who Came for Dinner (Shortlisted for the Red House Children's Book Award and read by Meatloaf on CITV's Bookaboo). When he’s not working, Steve enjoys films, television, gardening and walking in the countryside. Author Anna Kemp introduces The Hollow Hills, the sequel to her dark magical tale, Into Goblyn Wood. What Do They do with all the Poo from all the Animals at the Zoo?' by Anh Do is a rhyming children's picture book which goes about answering a question that I am not too sure that anyone really asks - I mean if you go to a zoo and see way too much animal poo which would lead you to ask this question, then the zoo probably isn't a humane one to visit. Smallman's story reminds me of Remy Charlip's book Fortunately, Unfortunately (Parent's Press, c1964) in that good, then bad things happen over and over until the end. I don't think I have ever read the words "poo" or "poop" in a book so many times. It became a bit tiring because in this book, nearly everyone poops.

Age range(s)

Fantastically funny and great fun to read with children. Children will delight in reading all about Poo, especially the magnificent glowing poo! Bestselling author Alexandra Christo, author of TikTok sensation To Kill a Kingdom, introduces her new book, The Night Hunt (Hot Key Books), a dark...

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment