276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Lautapelit | Flamme Rouge | Board Game | Ages 8+ | 2-4 Players | 30-45 Minute Playing Time

£17.83£35.66Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Adding to this is the fact that you want your sprinteur to at least get some slipstreaming action from your rouleur so generally you want your sprinteur to have a value one less than your rouleur. But yet again, you may not get the cards you need. The excitement in the air is electric as the leaders round the last corner and head for the finish line. Each team has used cunning and skill to position their sprinter for this moment, but only one has done enough to pull off the win! Separate your Sprinter “S” and Rouleur “R” energy cards, shuffle, and place them face down on the spaces on your player board.

TOP TIP: You will notice that the two riders in your team have different movement cards. The sprinter has lots of long and short distance cards, the rouleur as lots of medium distance cards. Use this to your advantage when you can. In the end everyone who has played this game has enjoyed it. Flamme Rouge is a game I hope to get to the table often as its very fun and easy to teach with added depth that can be included if needed. I would say this sits in between the games I mentioned above and has a place in my collection. Flamme Rouge is a cycling game for 2-4 players, and is not to be confused with Flan Rogue, a game where an egg and cheese-filled pastry crawls through a dungeon fighting other evil pastries such as croissants, Gregg’s sausage rolls, and the 70s favourite hors d’ouvre, vol-au-vents. It's always an excellent service with brilliant products at a very competitive price - will use again! Each player chooses a colour and takes a pair of bike and rider miniatures, the player board, and the set of energy cards in that colour.I am by no means at all interested in bike racing (I can’t even ride a bike!) but as a fan of board games I felt like the theme could be put to the side and I could just enjoy the mechanics of Flamme Rouge. I have been told there is an expansion coming out soon and I would very much like to see what that adds to an already great game.

Riders can jump over other riders and also change lanes. Where possible, your rider should finish their turn in the right-hand lane, marked by a double white line. For the purpose of movement and winning, the right-hand lane is deemed to be in the lead. Flamme Rouge is a game about early 20th- century bicycle races, and I promise you, it is a lot more fun than that sounds. Finally, any rider who has an empty square in front of them gets a bit tired and takes an exhaustion card, essentially a card with a value of 2. The only other rules are for climbing hills which limit your speed to 5, and descending hills where the card you play will at least be worth 5. This a good way to get rid of exhaustion cards: play one as you go down a hill, and the 2 is automatically turned into a 5. Is It Any Good The real fun comes from the escalation of stress throughout the race. Things always start out smooth and easy, players content to take their time and get a feel for the race, but with each passing turn, as you get closer to the finish line, the tension ratchets up accordingly, with winners and losers often decided as much by what happens in the last couple of turns as the dozen that came before.Mountain Ascents– If you start on, enter, or move through and ascent square (marked in red) movement is capped at five. Flamme Rouge is a hand management, racing game designed by Asger Harding Granerud and publish by Lautapelit.fi. I think Flamme Rouge and Heat both have a place in someone’s collection. Heat is a masterpiece. It plays well at all player counts and has a tonne of replayability. But it isn’t the simplest of games. It’s not that heavy, but I know which of these games I would teach to smaller children or to my in-laws. Flamme Rouge is a much simpler game and if you play without hills, it’s pretty much appropriate for anyone. Even with the addition of the hills, it’s not that complicated. The game ends at the end of the round where at least one rider had crossed the finish line. The owner of the rider that is farthest over the line is the winner. Category Board Games Tags 9+, Asger Harding Granerud, Companion App, Editor's Choice, Flamme Rouge, Fun For All the Family, Golden Pear, Great Gifts, Lautapelit.fi, Podcast Approved, Zatu Gold Award SKU ZBG-LAU051 Availability

Place all the Sprinter and Rouleur “exhaustion” cards in their two separate piles in the middle of the table.Flamme Rouge is very thematic and definitely feels like a race. You want your rouleur to be out in front of your sprinteur to let them benefit from slipstreaming. Then you have to time your final sprint to crush your opponents. How Does It Compare To Heat

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment