276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Court of Miracles: The SUNDAY TIMES Bestselling Reimagining of Les Misérables: Book 1 (The Court of Miracles Trilogy)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

There was a massive divide in wealth during the period, and the wealthy did not care to be reminded of it. Young or new thieves inducted into the ranks would serve as the equivalent of an apprentice to a more experienced thief. It must have been a tricky balance to keep apprentices and master thieves employed while also ensuring they didn’t steal enough to trigger a significant law enforcement crackdown. When Nina picks her sister over the closest figure she has to a father, Tomasis, and tricks Thenardier into shooting Tomasis… I almost four starred right there.

Sadly even that level of earning was out of reach for most of the rural refugees to Paris, as little work was available. Halloween Parade • The Disney Villains Halloween Showtime • Villains Grove • Villains Mix and Mingle • Villains Night Out! The ranks of the various societies in the Court would have been filled with countless rural refugees who fled the failing farms in the countryside.

I did love the setting though and the overall direction of the story has me intrigued as to where things could go. But the Court of Miracles was cemented in history: It inspired the settings of two of Victor Hugo’s famous novels, Les Mis érables and The Hunchback of Notre-Dame. They are the equivalent of the Bandar-log – the monkeys – in that they are nihilistic, and they kidnap Mowgli, so they take Ettie [in The Court Of Miracles].

This is why they swear by Reynard’s teeth or Isengrim be damned because this is their god and their devil.For the average day laborer, purchasing enough food to feed their family would have eaten up over 60% of their wages. UPDATE FEB 2020: i've requested it on netgalley and if i don't get it i am straight up storming into harper collins' offices.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment