276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Garmin HRM-Pro™ Premium Heart-rate Monitor with Dual Transmission and Running Dynamics, Black

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

So even if you do a 'gym workout' session, your average speed, distance and elevation gain will be recorded too. Essentially, the Myzone MZ-Switch tracks which heart rate zone you're in and gives Myzone Effort Points (MEPs) after each workout.

Garmin has you in a pickle, because while the TICKR-X supports offline workouts, Wahoo hasn’t implemented the data offloading via ANT+ (they use their own internal app offloading process via Bluetooth Smart). Otherwise, you’ll just get the basic HR/HRV measures and that’s also generally true if you use these straps on competitor watches. If you don’t like training with your phone close by, there are options that allow you to record hours of workouts and sync them to your phone when you’re reunited with it. The best heart rate monitors will provide better data than smartwatches equipped with optical heart rate sensors. It provides you with even more freedom - especially if you practise a sport, where its tricky to wear a watch.In general, outdoors, some people might prefer more smoothed pace that the HRM-PRO Plus will offer, however, I haven’t really had a personal need for that. As you can see, the HRM-PRO Plus and Stryd are virtually identical, while the TechnoGym MyRun is a bit higher on some paces, and a bit lower elsewhere.

As a workaround, straps with onboard storage like the HRM-Pro allow swimmers to capture their data while in the pool, before offloading it to a watch or app later. For cycling I have a circa 2009 “classic”/hard Garmin strap that is going strong after many battery changes, tried a couple “comfort” ones but they seemed to give flaky data. My coach does find some value in a handful of the metrics in terms of seeing some impacts of fatigue in longer runs. Instead, Garmin has cleverly merged these two together, so when a user goes to pair a heart rate strap, it’ll just enumerate it all as a single binded connection.

It‘s a good question, as those kinds of devices will certainly offer you a few more features on top of just scoping out your heart health, but a chest strap will give you the most accurate heart rate readings in real-time, with the same level of quality data you‘d expect from an electrocardiogram (ECG) in the hospital.

It ended higher in distance than the treadmill, because the treadmill doesn’t properly account for speed ramping up/down in its reported figures, and it apparently takes longer to slow down than speed up. The ONLY reason I use the top-end Garmin strap is because of its ability to cache HR when underwater. The Polar H10 (or Polar H9) is probably the best, pure HRM chest strap but the battery life is unpredictable and that’s why I only use the H10 for waking HRV readings. Most people will of course wear a watch the majority of the day, but for those that may not be able to wear a watch for any number of reasons, this at least still accounts for that data. Sadly, it only really measures heart rate, unlike many other wearables in this guide, but if you need a comfortable external optical heart rate monitor to accompany your Garmin watch, you may as well consider the Peloton Heart Rate Band.I’ve not compared this against another device but I’ve ridden enough 10 mile time trials to know that this is bang on where it should be for the effort. If I was aiming to run with some sort of propulsion in the direction of a goal, I could see this being extremely interesting to track. It can wirelessly connect to other suitable kits via Bluetooth and ANT+, meaning it works with apps including Peloton and Zwift.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment