276°
Posted 20 hours ago

BABYLOVE: a spooky sapphic romance novella (BABYLOVE #1)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Abusive Parents: Laura's mother slaps her a couple of times, even if she's immediately apologetic about it. Tall, Dark, and Handsome: Leon and Daniel are described as being this way, Laura seems to have a type.

Baby Love by Jacqueline Wilson (9780241567104/Hardback

Lovable Alpha Bitch: Nina can be a bitch, especially when she doesn't get her own way, but she's also overwhelmingly nice to Laura when she truly needs her. She also has a mild version of a Beta Bitch in the form of Patsy. Laura calls her daughter Kathleen, after her mother. She does this to try and encourage her mother to fall in love with her granddaughter so Laura can return home and keep her, but it doesn't work. Laura does regret choosing her daughter's name but settles for calling her Kathy.

Laura and Nina's friendship begins to falter in the next few months as Laura realises how controlling her friend is. As school resumes, this rift grows bigger. Laura has tried to ignore it, but soon has more important worries. Something else she's tried to ignore has been discovered. She is pregnant. This generation was always remembered as so ‘stiff upper lip’ and trying always to do the ‘decent’ thing but it made me question, decent for who? Reading Jacqueline's work again has really made me think about why we stop reading certain authors at specific ages. Wilson is considered a children's and occasionally young adult writer, so should we stop reading books that engage and comfort us just because we've 'outgrown' their age range? In the last year I've found a love for YA books and I hope this year I will rekindle my love for more of Wilson's work. Before her parents learn Laura’s deadly secret, the family take a holiday. Her father is a coach driver, so their holiday takes place in a coach. Completely by chance they encounter Aunt Suzanna, the estranged younger sister of Laura’s mother. The estranged aunt will play a significant role later in the story.

Baby Love - Jacqueline Wilson - Google Books Baby Love - Jacqueline Wilson - Google Books

With over 30 years of hands-on experience with mothers and babies, Robin Barker knows exactly the kind of information parents are looking for. Baby Love is full of detailed material you won't find in any other book, including: When her family learns her secret, they are horrified. Sent away to save them from shame, Laura meets girls just like herself, whose families have given up on them - and they become a family for each other at the most difficult time in all their lives. The story gripped me and I thoroughly enjoyed the journey Laura went through without having to think too hard.Embarrassing Damp Sheets: Happens quite often at Heathcote House whenever a girl's water breaks during the night. It happens to Jeannie and Laura worries that Sarah will get her sheets damp when she sits on them after starting labour. year-old Laura comes from a proud working-class family. Young for her age, Laura hasn’t had any experience of boys until she befriends glamorous, wealthy Nina, the daughter of two doctors. Laura is incredibly flattered by Nina’s attention, but aware she lives in what’s known as the “Shanty Town”, while Nina has everything she could possibly wish for, and kissing experience to boot. The dynamics between the two girls is incredibly realistic, perfectly capturing the differences between them. The winners of The Farshore Reading for Pleasure Teacher Awards 2023, highlighting the work schools are doing to encourage a love of reading, have... Both Belinda and Jeannie take the younger Laura under their wing during her stay at Heathcote House. Jaqueline Wilson has captured all of this brilliantly in her world renown style of straight from the heart, uncluttered, authentic story telling.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment