276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Waiting on a Song

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Offiziellecharts.de – Dan Auerbach – Waiting on a Song" (in German). GfK Entertainment Charts. Retrieved June 9, 2017. From there both the man’s work prospects and the condition of his house plant simultaneously improve, culminating with him taking the now much healthier plant to a job interview. Showing a guy looking for a job while also revitalizing a house plant, this 60-second LinkedIn ad spot encourages viewers to take a few small steps with their LinkedIn community and see how things can grow.

Top 100 Albumes — Semana 23: del 02.06.2017 al 08.06.2017" (in Spanish). Productores de Música de España . Retrieved June 14, 2017. It was just a phrase in a song," Auerbach insists. "If I'd found a record by somebody called Keep It Hid, with that cover" – an odd-angle closeup of Auerbach playing an exotically sculpted mid-Sixties Japanese-budget-brand guitar – "I would have bought it," he adds, laughing. Austriancharts.at – Dan Auerbach – Waiting on a Song" (in German). Hung Medien. Retrieved June 15, 2017. Waiting on a Song by Dan Auerbach on Apple Music". Itunes.apple.com. 2017-06-02 . Retrieved 2017-06-03. Keep It Hid opens with the sound of heritage and family: Auerbach singing "Trouble Weighs A Ton" alone, with an acoustic guitar, until his uncle, James Quine, chimes in at the chorus, harmonizing with Dan in the bluegrass-and-bloodline tradition of The Stanley Brothers.I just get inspired all the time," he goes on. "Every day, I find a new song that I didn't know existed – some 45 – and it makes me want to play music more. The cycle never ends."

New Release And Video: Dan Auerbach – Waiting On A Song". thankfolkforthat.com. 22 May 2017 . Retrieved 25 July 2017.Stuart Berman (June 1, 2017). "Dan Auerbach: Waiting on a Song Album Review". Pitchfork . Retrieved June 3, 2017. Hermes, Will (June 2, 2017). "Review: Dan Auerbach's 'Waiting On A Song' ". Rolling Stone . Retrieved June 3, 2017. acoustic guitar 1, 6, 8, 10, resonator guitar 6, 12 string acoustic guitar 4, 12 string guitar 1, electric guitar 1-4, 7, 9, 10, steel guitar 9, sitar 2, 5 I mean, there are just so many musicians everywhere — and some of the greatest musicians, that made some of my favorite records of all time. I mean that's it. That's why I came here. In fact, many of those musicians are on [my] new record [ Waiting On A Song]. Duane Eddy [is one of them]. I met him a few years ago, through a mutual friend of ours. We went out and had lunch, but I really got to know Duane when he first came to the studio, because he walked in and his eyes lit up. I could just tell that he loved being in a studio. So he was one of us, you know?

Le Top de la semaine: Top Albums – SNEP (Week 23, 2017)". Syndicat National de l'Édition Phonographique . Retrieved June 13, 2017. Mayfield, in turn, was raised in singing and bluegrass almost next door – in Kent, Ohio, a half-hour's drive from Akron. "As soon as I heard her, I needed to know who she was," Auerbach recalls. "Her family was a traveling band, and she was writing these incredible songs, funny and witty. I couldn't believe it. We started getting together and writing stuff. Those bluegrass harmonies – that's what really connected us." I first interviewed Dan in Philadelphia a few weeks ago while we were at Philly station WXPN for NON COMM-vention, a public radio conference. After that 45-minute conversation I discovered — as is every interviewer's worst nightmare — that the resulting sound file was only 12 minutes long. I was sad we lost that interview, but determined to do it again. As it turned out I was flying to Nashville the following week, so we wound up meeting at Easy Eye for a conversation that took place in the middle of the studio. His engineer set us up with a mixer and two microphones, in the very same room where Waiting On A Song was born. We had this free-flowing conversation, that included playing the music that inspired him to make Waiting On A Song and to create his own record label, which shares a name with his studio. While Waiting on a Song is casual in execution, it’s extremely intricate in construction, with each disco-string sweep, brass-section stab, and razor-sharp acoustic strum deployed with push-button precision. At times, the album feels less like a traditional singer/songwriter affair than a business card for Auerbach’s studio. Alas, Waiting on a Song also betrays the limitations of its song-factory set-up, in that the consummate craftsmanship renders the lyrics a secondary, impersonal concern.Album – Classifica settimanale WK 23 (dal 2017-06-02 al 2017-06-08)" (in Italian). Federazione Industria Musicale Italiana . Retrieved June 10, 2017. Auerbach actually recorded "When The Night Comes" at Mark Neill's studio in California, along with an instrumental bridge, "Because I Should." The two talked about "needing to create little pieces to tie the songs together," Auerbach says, "to create a mix-tape flow." But aside from that interlude, Keep It Hid had its own natural momentum in the emotional gear shifts of Auerbach's writing and the way his regular listening to the records he loved – in some cases, had just discovered – charged the music he made. Dutchcharts.nl – Dan Auerbach – Waiting on a Song" (in Dutch). Hung Medien. Retrieved June 9, 2017. Geslani, Michelle (May 29, 2017). "Dan Auerbach – Waiting on a Song". Consequence of Sound . Retrieved June 3, 2017. The result is an album that both bears very little relation to Auerbach’s past efforts, yet nonetheless exudes his signature retro-soul fetishism. Whether it was his 2009 solo debut Keep It Hidor his 2015 foray with the Arcs, Auerbach’s outside pursuits have had the Keys’ muddy footprints all over them. But Waiting on a Song could be his first record without a drop of the blues in the mix, with Auerbach favoring the less gruff, more melodic register in his voice atop a studio-smoothed concoction of country, soul, folk, and power pop.

I didn't really have the confidence to kind of 'sing out loud,' but they encouraged me. You know, my uncle taught me some songs to play, some basics and stuff on guitar ... he taught me my first songs.Choghri, Brandon (May 31, 2017). "Dan Auerbach Waiting on a Song". Exclaim! . Retrieved June 3, 2017. Here’s the brand-new LinkedIn commercial that’s titled ‘Let’s Step Forward, Together’ and features the tagline ‘In It Together’.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment