Magento Forum - UK Magento Forum (Unofficial)

An unofficial but dedicated Magento Forum for Magento Users, Designers and Developers

How to create a new theme???

A forum for web designers working with the Magento system.

How to create a new theme???

Postby alistar » Sun Apr 03, 2011 2:42 pm

hi guys,

I am a magento newbie. I have installed a free theme but i dont really like it. I would like to create my own theme but really dnt know how to :( ...i have watched many tutorials on youtube but i still dont fully get the folder structure and the page layout. so i was wondering if anyone could help me with this problem or if anyone knows some website to download free themes form?? I am trying to get familiar with magento right now so i dnt want to buy a theme just yet (incase i find magento too hard for me).

Alistar
alistar

Re: How to create a new theme???

Postby Dx3Webs » Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:05 pm

Your best bet is as you suggest download a load of themes and start pulling them apart.

there are a stack of free themes here

http://www.instantshift.com/2010/09/09/ ... to-themes/

generally once you have a theme that is close (and there are only so many variations on a theme) you can alter the css to get the effects you are after
Dx3webs
UK based Optimised Magento Managed Hosting : Full Managed service with Unlimited technical support
Contact Us | Dx3webs Magento Demo Store
Dx3Webs

Re: How to create a new theme???

Postby alexmagentothemes » Sat Apr 09, 2011 12:14 am

Firefox has a plugin that let to you see the preview of the page while you edit the css, the best form is starting to edit the css of the default theme
alexmagentothemes

Return to Magento Designers