276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Hypnobirthing: Practical Ways to Make Your Birth Better

£7.495£14.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

I can't say much about the hypnobirthing techniques because I haven't got a chance to practice them yet, but I think it's worth trying since it sounds so logical and science-based. This first chapter describes how the uterus needs blood and oxygen for the muscles to work effectively. g. , “anglesia” (not a word) instead of “analgesia”, adding an unnecessary “T” to “also” so it sounds more like “altso”, and one instance of (I assume) “parental” being incorrectly replaced by “paternal”. Essentially, it’s a form of antenatal education, an approach to birth that is both evidence-based and logical.

Third, to manage the environment, whether it's at home, birth centre, or hospital, to create an atmosphere of relaxation and comfort. Overall, Siobhan Miller has successfully changed my perspective on the negative narrative around birth that I've heard from other people or seen on TV. Siobhan's advice and guidance will change your mindset and enable you to navigate your birth with practical tools that ensure you feel calm and in control throughout. We are experiencing delays with deliveries to many countries, but in most cases local services have now resumed. This book will be a complete game changer and I will be recommending it to mums-to-be from now on’ Sarah Turner, author of The Unmumsy MumExpert hypnobirthing teacher and founder of The Positive Birth Company Siobhan Miller has made it her mission to change the way women around the world approach and experience birth.I also enjoyed that it explained different birth types and so even if things don't go to plan, the relaxation techniques can be put to use e. You can change your choices at any time by visiting Cookie preferences, as described in the Cookie notice. Siobhan manages to completely demystify hypnobirthing, making it accessible and relevant to all women and all births.

I preferred the digital course as I find the book put a strong emphasis on the advantages of home birth, which I find awesome for some but you start feeling bad if it's just not for you. It has really changed my outlook on labour and birth, and I can honestly say I feel excited rather than terrified.HYPNOBIRTHING will change your mindset towards birth, so that you'll be able navigate your birth - and any twists and turns - with confidence, armed with practical tools that ensure you feel calm and in control throughout. The author is very honest and candid in this book and helps you to see things from a more logical perspective when it comes to how your body is designed to give birth and the best way to do that. And finally, to have a birth plan - not something to which you need to stick slavishly, but some kind of framework that can guide the experience when it's underway.

EVERY birth is so so so different, and the author also does such a wonderful job making space for every one and every choice, from hospital birth to home birth. Expert hypnobirthing teacher and founder of The Positive Birth Company, Siobhan Miller has made it her mission to change the way women around the world approach and experience birth. Sto per diventare papà (per la prima volta) e su consiglio di mia moglie mi sono letto Hypnobirthing.There were a couple of sections that detailed the science behind contractions and labour that I found useful. I personally didn't necessarily do hypnobirthing in terms of visualization other than visualizing my baby and I working together, which also changed my life. In this book, Siobhan debunks common myths about hypnobirthing and explains why she believes it can make every type of birth a better experience—from a water birth at home to an unplanned caesarean in theatre.

Expert hypnobirthing teacher and founder of The Positive Birth Company Siobhan Miller has made it her mission to change the way women around the world approach and experience birth. I liked the tips for birth partners, and the accepting and reassuring way the author describes and explains things. the problem with this is for a first time mum who has not given birth before, it might set some unrealistic expectations. I watched one of Siobhan's one hour webinars (free) and that was a useful sunmary of most of the things which are in the book. I'm grateful to no longer be the quintessential helpless father figure, but the "keeper of the cave", responsible for managing the environment, relaxing mum, supporting her through the breathing exercises, and being by her side throughout the experience.There were some really good takeaways from this book, and I particularly liked the science behind the labour. The book was just a basic primer on what you need to know for birth— the stages of labor, how to pack a hospital bag, writing a birth plan. I fully advocate your body your choice, but that’s not to say you can’t get information from multiple sources and then make your own decision.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment