276°
Posted 20 hours ago

AVENT Microwave STEAM STERILISER

£18.495£36.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

While it is a personal choice for your family, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recommends sterilizing bottles and parts once a day, especially for babies younger than three months, born prematurely, or have a weakened immune system. Although not mandatory, it is recommended to always sterilize new bottles before using them and if your doctor has recommended sterilizing bottles between feedings, you might like the convenience of being able to load and run a sterilizer without needing to boil water every time, especially if you have multiple babies. I was also boiling bottles and parts to sterilize initially but now using avent microwave sterilizer (me also using avent bottles) and I would say its time saving and in love with that." I’m aware this makes me tragic, but I found this unit so fun to use that after I’d finished with the bottles, I was looking around the house for more things to sterilise - baby bowls, scissors, toys, you name it. There’s just something so space age and satisfying about it. There are four main sterilisation units on the market: cold water sterilisers, microwave sterilisers, electric sterilisers and travel sterilisers. They all have their own pros and cons. 1. Cold water steriliser

Clean bottles one of two ways: In the dishwasher using hot water and a heated drying cycle or sanitizing setting. Or hand-wash with hot water and soap, using a scrub or bottle brush only used to clean baby feeding items and a water basin only used for your baby's feeding gear. There’s no assembly required, but you’ll need to run one empty cycle before using the steriliser properly so bear that in mind before you begin. Is the Philips Avent Microwave Steam Steriliser safe? If you're sterilizing many bottles a day, or want to sterilize pump parts at the same time, this large-capacity steam-powered machine is your workhorse. It can hold up to 12 bottles with accessories, and parents like that it has an upper tray that's handy for smaller bottle parts. Even if you’re planning to exclusively breastfeed, like I was, it’s important to be armed with the best steriliser. You’re going to require some sort of disinfecting method, especially in the early days. For formula feeders or pump-users, it’s even more essential to find the best bottle steriliser to suit your needs. Without a good system in place, cleaning and sorting bottles and accessories will feel like the bane of your existence. Accessibility: Is everyone that needs to use it able to use it? Will it work for a family with multiple children?

For pure versatility, and if you’ll be using it daily, this model takes the cake. It works as an electric steriliser, microwave steriliser, cold water steriliser, food and bottle warmer, breast milk defroster, and has a ‘keep warm’ setting. It may be all you’ll need from day one until after your baby is weaned. This only applies to electric sterilisers but is worth bearing in mind nonetheless. Several make loud beeps at the beginning and end of their cycle and some even during, making a dishwasher-like hum. Capacity: Six bottles | Materials: BPA-free plastics and metal electrical components | Included: Sterilisation unit, measuring jug and tongs Good for parents who We find it really easy and it just gets kept in the microwave when not in use. It does four bottles at once which stay sterilised for 24 hours if you keep the lid on."Loved by Mumsnet user OvertiredOverthinker. Our verdict Other parents appreciate that the Baby Brezza has a large capacity, with enough room for six bottles. The orange prongs that hold bottles are well-spaced so you can hang anything on them, including pump parts or sippy cups. You can also nestle larger items in between them, which increases the multifunctionality of this machine.

Guidance from the NHS recommends sterilising for at least the first 12 months. After your baby's first birthday, you can start phasing our sterilising as their immune system will be strong enough. However, it's important to continue cleaning all bottles, dummies and other feeding equipment thoroughly even after you've said goodbye to the sterilising tablets. What are the different types of steriliser? Items inside stay sterile for 24 hours and the lid is designed with a flat lip so it can be laid horizontally in a smaller microwave – a useful feature we didn’t find in any other travel steriliser. If you’re bottle-feeding full-time, however, and need something reliable that will fit in all of your gear, the Dr Brown’s Electric Steam Steriliser is a good choice. More expensive than some other electric models, like the Tommee Tippee Super-Steam Advanced Electric Steriliser or the Nuby Natural TouchDo you have enough kitchen counter space to keep a sterilising unit out all the time? Would you want to if you did? Electric units usually stay plugged in on the counter – they’re too large to store and too bulky for it to be convenient to move them often. Place items in a microwave or plug-in steam sterilizer and follow the manufacturer’s instructions for sanitizing, cooling, and drying. Ensure that all parts fit entirely within the sterilizer while the machine is operating. It’s best to use sterile tongs to handle teats afterwards to prevent contamination, and the majority of sterilisers come with a pair – put the tongs in with the cycle and you know they’re OK to use. We spoke with three moms on BabyCenter's staff about their experience with three of the bottle sterilizers on this list Sterilisation method: What kind of sterilisation method will work for your bottles, pumps, and teats? Will it give you the peace of mind you need when it comes to cleanliness.

Compatibility: Some bottles are wider or longer than others, or have a unique shape. Make sure sterilizers work with yours. In the hazy days with a new baby, keeping them safe is the number one priority – and also likely to be the biggest source of anxiety for parents. A steriliser can be used to kill bacteria found on lots of different baby feeding equipment like baby bottles, teats and breast pump parts. But which is the best steriliser to make your feeding schedules easier to juggle? After our latest intensive round of testing, we’ve got all the information you’ll need about our favourites.

Capacity: Two bottles | Materials: BPA-free plastics and metal electrical components | Included: Sterilisation unit, measuring jug and tongs Good for parents who Parents can also sanitize bottles by boiling in a pot, or using bleach; use the CDC's instructions if that's your plan. And if you have any questions about when or whether to sanitize your baby's bottles, ask your pediatrician for guidance. We have a Tommee Tippee microwave one and it's so simple, no faff. Wash the bottles and pop them in the microwave."Tried and tested by Mumsnetter hereforfun.

It’s also budget-friendly and fast; delivering the goods in just two minutes for high-power microwaves (1200–1850W). In low-power microwaves (500–800W), it takes six minutes. I found the instruction manual to be the most straightforward I read. CDC. 2023. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. How to Clean, Sanitize, and Store Infant Feeding Items. https://www.cdc.gov/hygiene/childcare/clean-sanitize.html Opens a new window [Accessed April 2023] Whether you are planning to breastfeed or bottle feed your baby, a steriliser is always handy to have. If you are not using baby bottles, you might still need a steriliser for dummies or teething toys for your baby. I use the Dr. Browns bottle warmer. It works great with other bottles other than dr.browns. I also use it to thaw out breastmilk."If you buy the mam bottles they can just go in the microwave by themselves, would highly recommend!"Loved by Mumsnet user Roboticcarrot Our verdict

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment