276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Zero: The Biography of a Dangerous Idea

£5.495£10.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Una via di mezzo tra inchiesta e documentario, Zero zero zero è un libro che a me ha molto ricordato Gomorra per come è costruito e strutturato.

If you’re someone who reads about seemingly disparate parts of the climate change challenge and wonders how it all fits together, it’s in this book – from climate justice to energy efficiency, investment in renewables to agriculture. La pregunta obvia es si todo éste esquema funciona; la respuesta en general es: sí. Saviano no solo nos presenta un reporte de periodismo de investigación sobre la formación y crecimiento de los cárteles que trafican con la cocaína o sus nexos con otros bastiones del crimen organizado capaces de fijar los precios internacionales del gas. Encima, obtenemos una visión muy clara de porque la cocaína tiene el peso que tiene en los mercados negros, la dependencia de la sociedad a ella y porque ni México, Colombia o Italia podrían por si solos resolver el problema.The choice of logo seemed quite curious at first since most people wouldn’t be familiar with this branding. 'Infinix' itself isn't a particularly well-known name in the notebook space, let alone their sub-brand 'Zero'. When asked about it, Infinix argued that they wanted to showcase what is essentially their halo brand but eventually conceded that it would make more sense to have the Infinix name there instead. OMG is this guy a shitty journalist. I really hate his opinionated musings on cocaine usage and how great it makes you feel. I completely disagree. I’ve tried cocaine quite a few times and it does nothing much for me. I never understood its popularity. Obviously, cocaine is popular, but he makes it out as if everyone but you is snorting their brains out every day.

Seife argues that zero is more than just a placeholder or mathematical symbol. It represents a dangerous idea that has constantly challenged our understanding of reality and the nature of existence. The ancient Greeks rejected zero as an absurdity and evidence of mankind's flawed understanding of the cosmos. Philosophers like Aristotle saw zero as an affront to reason itself. How can "nothing" be something? For centuries, zero languished on the fringe of respectable mathematics. a b c Suzanne Ruthven, Compass Points - The Pagan Writers' Guide: Writing for the Pagan and MB&S Markets (2013), p. 44, ISBN 1782791078 We are delighted to announce the publication of Professor Paul Ekins’ book ‘ Stopping Climate Change: Policies for Real Zero’ (Routledge, publication date November 23, 2023). Certamente sono passati anni e molto cose sono cambiate da quando uscì quel primo lavoro di Saviano, lo si vede dalle numerose parentesi all'interno delle quali l'autore mette del suo parlando della propria condizione di vita. Akhirnya, dengan mempertimbangkan hal tersebut, bangsa Eropa menerima penggunaan bilangan nol. Namun, seandainya mereka dapat meramal masa depan dan melihat efek angka nol bagi peradaban modern, niscaya mereka akan mati-matian mempertahankan sistem bilangan Romawi dan menolak kehadiran angka nol.The chiclet-style keyboard on the ZeroBook 13 has a familiar layout and design. Despite the added width of the notebook, you don’t get a numpad. Instead, there is a row of scrolling buttons on the right. The Core i9 model we tested here is priced at INR 81,990 and is only available in one configuration with 32GB memory and 1TB storage. The i7 model is available in 16GB+512GB and 32GB+1TB configurations for INR 64,990 and INR 69,990, respectively. The i5 variant is available only in 16GB+512GB configuration for INR 51,990. Conclusion Fascinating facts about how our calendar system is ahead by a year BECAUSE we should have begun with year zero, not one. So, when December 31, 1999 came around, true mathematicians didn't celebrate the millenium until December 31, 2000. The Mayan's had the calendar system figured out. They started with zero, but didn't call it that. Il soggetto di questo libro è la cocaina e nella sua introduzione Saviano dice chiaramente che ognuno di noi nel suo piccolo ha qualche contatto con questo mondo; chi si vuole chiamare fuori, chi si sente puro, chi crede di non avere nulla a che vedere con questo mondo semplicemente perché non ne fa uso, ebbene è in torto perché i numeri e le ricerche dimostrano che la cosa è molto più diffusa di quanto si sia disposti a credere. Apa pasal? ternyata, angka nol tak selugu penampilannya. Meski bentuknya sangat bersahaja, cuma berbentuk lingkaran (0), bahkan di beberapa budaya hanya cukup diwakili tanda titik (.), namun bisa dikatakan, dari angka nol inilah segala mula masalah sains, teknologi, hingga filsafat bermula. Bisa dikatakan, tanpa angka nol, peradaban manusia tidak mungkin memiliki wajah seperti dewasa ini. (komputer dan internet yang jauh lebih ajaib daripada Piramida Mesir tidak akan hadir tanpa angka nol. inget sistem bilangan biner?)

Where Zero starts to show its seams is in Seife's rhetorical ability, which stretches itself thin even over so thin a volume. He's too dramatic for my taste, especially as he recounted the attitudes and fate of the Pythagoreans. And he's always eager to remind us of how "powerful" zero is. While I agree that zero is a pretty cool number, the constant refrain felt somewhat forced after a while, pulling me out of the book instead of keeping me comfortably ensconced in this little tutorial. Seife devotes only cursory glances at the philosophical arguments offered for or against the acceptance of zero; he tells us about Aristotle's rejection of zero but goes into little detail. While I'm sure he wanted to avoid turning the book into a text on Aristotelian philosophy, I feel like there are gaps here that, if not filled, could have been covered with a more attractive carpet.There are many interesting little bits to all this that made it worthwhile, though – the stuff on Pythagoras was interesting – I didn’t know he didn’t eat beans because they make people fart and because they look like little genitals (I’ve never really looked closely enough at beans to notice this resemblance, to be honest, but it does sound as good a reason for a food aversion as any other, I guess). I also didn’t know he was killed because he refused to cross a field of beans (makes my rantings about only going into McDonalds to use their toilets – I only make deposits, no withdrawals - sound perfectly enlightened, if you ask me).

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment