276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Guards! Guards!: (Discworld Novel 8) (Discworld Novels)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Preparatevi a respirare nebbia evitando di farvi arrostire dalle fauci chimiche di un drago a zonzo per la città in cerca di vendetta. My view after reading one book, they are clearly in the same class, and while I still like Adams better that might be because I’m a bigger Science Fiction fan than Fantasy. The Wikipedia recognized origin is as follows: In 1887, British Prime Minister Robert Gascoyne-Cecil appointed his nephew Arthur James Balfour as Minister for Ireland. a six-episode serial on BBC Radio 4 (23 November - 28 December 1992) dramatised by Michael Butt and starring John Wood (Vimes), Melvyn Hayes (Nobby), Robert Gwilym (Carrot), Crawford Logan (Vetinari), Helen Atkinson-Wood (Lady Ramkin), Brett Usher (Supreme Grand Master), and Martin Jarvis (narrator).

The Watch is in bad condition; they are regarded as a bunch of incompetents who just walk around ringing their bells, and this is mostly true.Completely not understandable and facepalmy, people have the tribal roots that make them susceptible for admiration of any kind of stupid representative, be it a democratic voted, a self declared, inherited, or couped one. The whole novel is tongue-in-cheek and it's a slight bit more delightful (IMHO) than all the rest of the novels that came before it.

Pratchett dedicated this book to Palace/City Guards/Patrols, noting that no one ever asks them if they want to rush into a room, one at a time to attack the hero. His novels have been widely adapted for stage and screen, and he was the winner of multiple prizes, including the Carnegie Medal. I loved the humour and crazy, absurd events, but also the philosophical lining that added so much more depth and made it more than just a funny book. La ciudad de Ankh-Morpork está gobernada por un Patricio, Lord Vetinari, que ha legalizado los asesinatos, los robos, la mendicidad y la prostitución para tenerlos controlados.This is one of my favorite Discworld books and one of the best starting points for the Discworld newbies. A (very) small bunch of misfits (initially 3), led by a man that's given up on life and then joined by a (wonderfully) literal 2 metre tall dwarf (who kept bumping his head in the dwarf mines).

I would escape to the Discworld when it all became too much, and I wish I’d had a chance to put that into words for the man himself while he was still with us. Especially since he is a good fighter, honourable and knows all the (forgotten) rules and laws - and will enforce them.And although the space they occupy isn't like normal space, nevertheless they are packed in tightly. This is reminiscent of the 'I've never seen an elephant fly' song which the crows sing in Walt Disney's 1941 movie Dumbo. To date there are a total of 36 books in the Discworld series, of which four (so far) are written for children.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment