276°
Posted 20 hours ago

A Wedding in Provence: From the #1 bestselling author of uplifting feel-good fiction

£7.495£14.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Katie Fforde’s latest novel ‘A Wedding in Provence’ is a refreshingly energetic read and a nod to an era where young ladies, raised by nannies and destined for finishing school, was a very real thing. Not very eager to take this route, she jumps at the chance to stay in gay Paree for a little longer when a temporary job offer comes up, but it ends up in Provence, as a nanny, rather than something more glamorous.

The relationship between Antoine and Alexandra was almost non existent, the need to over explain situations was annoying and there were quite a few eye rolling moments for me.Cookery school-trained, with ‘colloquial and rustic’ French, Alexandra is to take charge of le Comte’s – Antoine’s – three children in a chateau in Provence for a month.

En-route from England to a finishing school in Switzerland, she stops off in Paris for a few days and finds herself accepting a job as a Nanny. It’s not quite the same when it comes to Felicite, who at 15 clearly doesn’t feel like she needs a nanny to look after her, although the change in her as the book plays out is clear. I believe falling in love is the best thing in the world, and I want all my characters to experience it, and my readers to share their stories. I loved seeing her grow and care for the children and try so hard not to fall for her older sexy boss. A series of events means she end up as a short term Governess to 3 children whose mother has left, and whose father has to work away, so Alexandre at age 20 finds herself in a French chateau in Province in charge of 3 children - the oldest of whom is 15 - not too much younger than herself.Catherine Rose Gordon-Cumming was born 27 September 1952 in England, UK, the daughter of Shirley Barbara Laub and Michael Willoughby Gordon-Cumming.

We get to meet Alexandra's friend David, who comes to help her tutor the children, and he also happens to be homosexual, something frowned upon in England during the setting of this story. Alexandra is an engaging character who diverts from her journey to a finishing school in Switzerland to become a nanny for a short time in Provence which becomes life changing. Even Grandmere Penelope, who seemed so formidable at the beginning, softened as she let love into her life.I had to give it three stars as I didn't feel the plot was entirely original, a Chateau instead of a castle, a gay friend and fellow employee, dressing the house and having a traditional Christmas and skating on the lake and even relations concerned that they should inherit. As I have been reading and enjoying her novels since 1995, I think I can safely say her writing never fails to provide just what I need at the time.

Although it features several characters from her previous book, it won’t matter if you have not read it. I would recommend this to any fans of clean romance, especially if you like journeying to other times and places! Alexandra enlists the help of her good friend from England - gay something still illegal in England and her in turn brings a friend. If you’ve read any previous book by Katie Fforde you’ll know she absolutely slays her characterizations, every single character in all of her books are believable, not perfect in any way, and absolutely so dang lovable.Smegenims visiskai atjungti lengva atostogine romantika 👌🏻 tobulai klisinis scenarijus, kur durniau ir nesugalvosi: nudrengtoj pily gyvenantis neturtingas grafas vaikams pasamdo 20mete auklyte, kuri pasirodo dar ir yra dideliu turtu paveldetoja. Of course I had watched every TV programme there was about chateaux, but interestingly, the one I created was quite unlike any of the ones I saw.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment