276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Ransom Notes - The Ridiculous Word Magnet Party Game, 3+ Players

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Turn over the first challenge card, read it aloud to everyone and then frantically begin making your ‘ransom note’ type response. There are a few suggested ways to judge who wins the round but mostly I play with a friendly bunch so we take an honest vote accepting if someone else’s response is genuinely better than our own we vote for it. However, if you are playing with particularly competitive people who will always vote for their own, even if it’s rubbish there are other suggested ways to choose a winner to avoid creating war not peace.

Ransom Notes - Home - Facebook Ransom Notes - Home - Facebook

The magnets seem reasonably sturdy, and the little metal boards on which you arrange your thoughts are pleasing. They are like miniature baking sheets and I just liked them. You can also add in your own collection of word magnets, if you happen to have some. The whole game comes compactly stored in a small, deep box. I dearly wish I had taken more pictures, but here are two entries for the prompt “Summarize the Star Wars movies:”Regular readers will know I don’t have a problem with racy humor! There was just a slightly forced, smirky feel to it, and I wish they had just chosen more neutral words, and let the double entendres arise more naturally, because they’re funnier that way. I like deciding when I want to make a dirty joke, rather than getting buffaloed into it because we’re at a party and that’s how you have to act. Possibly I am overstating this issue, because I am a mom who was playing a game with several teenage daughters, and I may have been on high alert.

Ransom Notes | Chaos Cards Ransom Notes | Chaos Cards

We enjoyed playing the game but it was quite fiddly and whilst I can see why the magnetic words were so small bigger would have been better for my clumsy fingers. 75ish words is a lot to look through when on a time constraint to make up phrases. This meant that some players, mostly me because I still wanted relatively perfect sentences, could take a longer time causing other players to be left waiting for them to finish. If you want a little bit of fun this could be the game to include in your evening… though the pieces are small so you may still be finding them weeks later if not properly accounted for during each phase of gameplay. Protected: Podcast 36: She googled THIS on a Friday night and what she saw made her lose her mind! September 2, 2017Ransom notes are perfect for adult game nights, quirky holiday gifts, and hilarious birthday gifts for smart people. The game is rated 17+ for mature content, but can easily be made family-friendly by removing some of the prompt cards.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment