276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Against All Odds: A True Story of Ultimate Courage and Survival in World War I

£13.495£26.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Murphy enjoyed a successful career through the 1950s but had drifted out of the spotlight before dying in a plane crash in 1971. Come down the travelators, exit Sainsbury's, turn right and follow the pedestrianised walkway to Crown Walk and turn right - and Coles will be right in front of you. However the intense emotional dialogue keeps the pages turning as the reader strives to find out what happens next.

Most purchases from business sellers are protected by the Consumer Contract Regulations 2013 which give you the right to cancel the purchase within 14 days after the day you receive the item. The other really outstanding aspect of this book is the world-building, the science and combat sequences, which were all done exceptionally well, and brought the story to life around the characters. Abandoned at two weeks old, Paul came of age in the infamous St Leonards's Children's Home in East London. Britt heard the drone of French bombers and then saw "huge fountains of spray" as bombs crashed into the sea. Martin DugardAs the Allies raced to defeat Hitler, four men, all in the same unit, earned medal after medal for battlefield heroism.There are some intensely powerful and graphic scenes in this book, and how the characters deal with them is handled very well. Firstly, I admire Paul's bravery in creating a good life for himself despite his totally deprived and abusive upbringing in a children's home, no one would have blamed him for ending up wallowing in self pity on drugs and alcohol, or even dead like so many other children in his shoes.

I cannot abide how he thinks violence in these situations is okay, and the way he talks about it is so blasé. Those not knowledgable about the complexities of the damage caused by sexual, mental, emotional, and physical abuse will be given a raw, crash course. The 103 third parties who use cookies on this service do so for their purposes of displaying and measuring personalized ads, generating audience insights, and developing and improving products. I feel like I may need to repeat the word autobiography to myself often, just to remind myself that this really happened and that it wasn't just some gritty fictional novel that I was reading. There are some good twists and turns and some obvious ones which distract from others in a good way.I am pleased to see that he has changed his viewpoint now that he has children, but this book did nothing but make me dislike Paul.

They fought in every major campaign during the liberation of Europe, earning all of the nation's awards for valor, including the Medal of Honor.Corrupt and incompetent law enforcement and judicial systems ensured that the perpetrators were never found or punished until the young J.

Together, these men helped defeat Nazi Germany's finest troops, marching more than two thousand miles, from the deserts of North Africa to Hitler's Eagle s Nest in Bavaria, surviving more than six hundred days of increasingly merciless combat.In short, this is a well-intentioned book which, notwithstanding some interesting material, such as its photographs, is ultimately rather pedestrian. What's more remarkable is that all of these men served at one time during the war in the US Army's 3rd Infantry Division, one of the most storied units in American military history. The character work in this book is exceptional, Grimm has so much depth to him, as the scapegoat for a crisis that was not his fault, but at the same time, still feeling the guilt over killing all those children – even though it was at the risk of his life, and the life of hundreds of others. I wasn't really expecting much when I first bought this audio book, but when I found the time to listen to this I could not put it down to pause. These are questions that Alex Kershaw explores in this captivating read that covers the exploits of four of the most highly decorated soldiers in American history.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment