276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Remarkably Bright Creatures: A Read with Jenna Pick

£12.33£24.66Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

As I mentioned, there are a plethora of coincidences in this novel, so you'll have to set that aside to enjoy the simple beauty of the tale if those types of things bother you. Dive into the extraordinary depths of friendship, redemption, and the power of hope with “Remarkably Bright Creatures”! Marcellus, the giant pacific Octopusthis isn't a thrilling story, it didn't particularly give me joy but it did give me feelings I do not know how to properly articulate. My consolation prize, stimulating dialogue with a savvy buddy-reader, more than makes up for this

Born and raised in the Pacific Northwest, she's now missing the mountains in the Chicago area with her husband and children. So, she decides to “train” the new guy, Cameron Cassmore, who will be temporarily cleaning the Aquarium while she recovers. I think writing a book at that time could not have been anything other than this uplifting balm-for-the-soul type of story.But because I think that is maybe not the best beach for reading because it is so active, I will put in a plug for Owens Beach in Tacoma, my hometown, which is in the Point Defiance Park. For all ebook purchases, you will be prompted to create an account or login with your existing HarperCollins username and password. Tova has always felt more than a bit of empathy for the sharks, with their never-ending laps around the tank. He might be curmudgeonly, but he has a soft spot for these two, especially Tova, with whom he shares a strong bond. Anstey Harris 'I defy you to put it down once you've started' Cynthia D'Aprix Sweeney After Tova Sullivan's husband died, she began working the night cleaner shift at the Sowell Bay Aquarium.

I had my doubts about this detecting duo of janitor and tentacled gumshoe: I thought it might be too cute. It's just your average "intersecting destinies" story with a very predictable plot proceeding at a snail-like pace.Abandoned by his mother as a child and raised by his aunt, he has recently become aware of possible family connections that lead him to Sowell Bay.

And part of what I think stops her from being able to know is this fact that she is so closed off and receded into her own life, and unwilling to fully participate in her community.Also there were a lot of things in this debut novel that didn't ring true for the modern era and seemed to take up a lot of time just to add drama.

A committed teacher tries to enlighten Demon’s seventh grade class about how the resource-rich countryside was pillaged and abandoned, but Kingsolver doesn’t air-brush his students’ dismissal of this history or the prejudice encountered by this African American outsider and his White wife. Remarkably Bright Creatures” is the perfect novel that will take your mind away from current politics and an unsettled world.Ever since her eighteen-year-old son, Erik, mysteriously vanished on a boat over thirty years ago keeping busy has helped her cope.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment