276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Dragons Den Joker Super Villain Yellow Backless Waistcoat Fancy Dress

£4.975£9.95Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Kranz would wear a new waistcoat on the first shift of every mission he took charge of. While several of his mission waistcoats have subsequently been sold off, you can still find the white faille Apollo 13 one hanging at the Smithsonian National Air and Space Museum. The Joker costume, as portrayed by Joaquin Phoenix in the Joker movie, is a colorful costume. The clothes needed to make your own homemade Joker costume are easy to put together. It is the makeup which is the hardest part of the Joker costume. Here is everything you will need to make your own Joker costume from the Joker movie. Joker Suit Although I’d watched Batman dozens of times on VHS growing up, and a few times on DVD as an adult, I’d never really paid any specific attention to the costumes. ( Music’s always been my thing.) To replicate this style you will need a simple formal suit which should be red in color. You will undoubtedly find a red suit easier online than in a shop. Adding to the menacing persona is the makeup. “When he turns into Joker, that clown character he hides behind to make people laugh is gone and he’s completely crazy, but we had to relate the makeup between the clown and Joker,” says Ledermann.

When Arthur transforms into Joker, his guise is driven by his past. “As Arthur progresses, we made little movements toward darker colors in his wardrobe right before he becomes Joker to echo what goes on emotionally for him in the story,” Bridges says. All the wives sewed, and I began making vests for Gene,” Marta Kranz recalled in an April 2010 article by Owen Edwards for Smithsonian Magazine. “Gene wanted some kind of symbol for his team to rally around. I suggested a vest… There were three Mission Control teams—red, white and blue—and Gene’s was the white team, so his vests were always white.” Perhaps the most interesting characteristic of the Joker’s costume was its quintessentially Victorian inspiration: shirt and tie, high-waisted trousers (supported by suspenders), waistcoat, and tailcoat (also called a “dress coat”).The Joker movie staring Joaquin Phoenix offers a new version of a Joker costume which is perfect as a fancy dress or halloween costume. It is also a fantastic cosplay idea which is easy to make yourself. Joker Costume – Joker Under the waistcoat you will need to wear a shirt. This shirt should have be buttoned all the way up including the collar. For Joker’s iconic green hair, it was production designer Mark Friedberg who suggested what became the final look. “He said it should be a broccoli green,” says Georgiou. “Todd was all for it, and then it was a matter of what type of broccoli — organic broccoli, cheaper broccoli, freshly cut, older broccoli; there’s a plethora of broccoli greens out there.” Georgiou ended up taking several swatches and dying them different colors for Phillips to choose from. There’s also something about a Victorian-style costume that seems to lend itself to eccentric characters, perhaps with a touch of timelessness about them, so in my opinion, going Victorian with the Joker’s costume in Batman was a great artistic decision – especially considering the somewhat ambiguous time period during which the movie was set.

Beyond the world of costumes and festivities, Doc Cotton finds solace and joy in van life and outdoor adventures. Whether he's hitting the open road, camping beneath the stars, or exploring the great outdoors, he cherishes every moment of his outdoor escapades. Joker’s white face is never pure in color and more matte than glossy. Blues and reds are tonally subdued, too. These shoes should be lace-up shoes which should be a light brown. The shoes worn by Joaquin Phoenix have a dark brown toe.

Makeup is an essential part of the Joker costume. While replicating the makeup may seem daunting it is actually quite easy to copy. Indeed, although the Joker’s costume is still instantly recognizable decades later, in actuality – with only one or two possible exceptions – he wore a different costume (or, at least, a different costume ensemble) during every single scene and/or sequence during which he appeared! He never wore the exact same ensemble twice!

Ideally, you should choose a green shirt. If you care to be screen accurate the shirt worn by Joaquin Phoenix has a pattern effect. Your right eye should see your right eyebrow covered in blue face paint with a small smudge under your right eye. Upon beginning my costume research via the movie on Blu-Ray, I was immediately surprised by two things: the plethora of subtle details on the Joker’s costume that I’d never seen before, and the sheer number of different costumes he actually wore over the course of the movie!On your left eye you will need to create a diamond shape which runs up your forehead and down on to your left cheek. The brilliant Ed Harris plays NASA’s flight director Gene Kranz in the film Apollo 13, throughout which he wears a white waistcoat. The real life Kranz did indeed wear waistcoats. In fact they became his trademark, not least because his wife Marta made them for him. Doc Cotton is a man of simple pleasures and diverse interests. His heart belongs to the world of cosplay, costumes and fancy dress, with a special fondness for Halloween, where his creative spirit truly shines. Over the years he has been hired by people across the country to make custom halloween costumes and other fancy dress for specific events. The red face paint should be used to create the famous Joker smile and to also add extra eyebrows above you actual eyebrows. Bridges dressed Arthur in polyester, tying in an era-appropriate color palette. “I imagined if he ever did laundry, everything went into the washer at the same time. We made a kind of bad laundry feel to the clothing. It’s those subtle choices you can make for a character that inform the audience who they are and how they live,” says Bridges, who won Oscars for “Phantom Thread” and “The Artist.”

Choose your favorite Joker costume and pair up with a friend dressed up as Batman for the next costume party, because superheroes and villains enjoy partying together every now and then. Or, treat a crazy blonde friend to a Harley Quinn costume she’ll surely love! Every superhero has an archenemy he must face… and you can be the one giving Batman a hard time in these Joker costumes.This iconic costume, designed by Bob Ringwood, was a fabulous and memorable piece, still instantly-recognizable decades later.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment