276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Margaret's Unicorn

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Margaret feels like a kindred spirit and I adored everything about this book, the illustrations, the storytelling, and the magic. A heart-warming story of friendship and kindness brought to magical life by Briony May Smith’s enchanting characters and breath taking coastal landscapes. I love some of the pictures like Margaret and the unicorn together during the winter and snowy period, asleep together at night and the lovely picture of the two a little later on in the book. Margaret’s whole world changes when her family moves to a cottage by the sea to be near her grandma.

This is a definite must-read for unicorn lovers, as well as those looking for stories about magic, friendship, and adapting to a new home. edible chestnuts), especially since Horse Chestnuts are currently under siege by a species of Pseudomonas which causes deadly 'bleeding cankers', as well as by leaf-blotch fungus and a leaf-mining moth. There are many books out there aimed at unicorn-loving little girls, but this book is so much more and so much better than that.Her Author-Illustrated picture book, 'Margaret's Unicorn,' publishes this year with Schwartz and Wade Books. To calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don’t use a simple average.

I’ve been on a quest to check out books from the library that appeal to my inner child and this absolutely does. She is the author-illustrator of Imelda and the Goblin King, and the illustrator of The Giant's Necklace, written by Michael Morpurgo and Tooth Fairy in Training written by Michelle Robinson. Absolutely beautifully illustrated - some of the best lighting (warm and inviting) and shadow I have seen in a children's book. They find it the right kind of food (flowers from the florist) and the right kind of water (water touched by moonlight).The 103 third parties who use cookies on this service do so for their purposes of displaying and measuring personalized ads, generating audience insights, and developing and improving products. I loved the use of color and light here - the setting feels like the Scottish Highlands to me - and I thought Smith's changing depiction of the unicorn - speckled as a baby, and pure white when grown - was beautiful. The day they move into the big, empty place with its weird smells, Margaret's mother puts a thermos of hot chocolate into Margaret's hands and sends her out to explore within the agreed-upon boundaries. The illustrations are beautiful, a book about unicorns makes you fear the worst, lilac, pale pink, sparkly stuff, none of that to be seen here thankfully, lovely scenes of Scottish rural life. A heart-warming story of friendship and kindness brought to magical life by Briony May Smith's enchanting characters and breathtaking coastal landscapes.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment