276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Jiu-jitsu University

£21.995£43.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Timing is everything. If you feel that you are performing all the steps correctly but the technique is still not working, there is a good chance that your timing is off. Review the lesson for hints on how you can use better timing to increase your effectiveness. I'm very thankful you guys have put this online. I'm from Medicine Hat, Alberta, and I was planning and budgeting my vacation time to go down to Torrance. Now, thanks to this program, I won't have to! Thanks so much for doing this guys, I can't wait to start training.”

This free ebook is invaluable for beginners confused by the numerous positions and principles of Brazilian Jiu Jitsu. It’s basically a primer for your first months of BJJ, and includes a run-down of the six major positions in BJJ, plus a hierarchy to help you put them into perspective. Although the complete Gracie Family history far exceeds what is included herein, the timeline below briefly describes 12 of the most significant occurrences that took place over the three generations the Gracies have been teaching jiu-jitsu. If you have any questions regarding Gracie Family history, beyond what is covered in the content below, please submit your question to the Forum section so we can help you find the answer. Optimal Hygiene: The big green mat is swept and sanitized twice a day at Gracie University for the protection of our students. Believe it or not, many jiu-jitsu schools spend several weeks without sanitizing their mats, and students contract a variety of skin infections as a result. When learning from home with a trusted group of friends, you can give proper hygiene the attention it deserves since you will have full control over the cleaning/sanitation of your training area. No matter how good the videos are, you need a partner to practice jiu-jitsu. Gracie University makes it very easy to connect with other students in your community, since their entire student database made public. When searching for a training partner, you can choose between individual students or “Gracie Garages,” which are unofficial at-home training groups comprised of several Gracie University students. As I’m writing this review, Gracie University currently has 141 Certified Training Centers and 350 Gracie Garages. CONS Very Long Videos Great online academy! I'm a certified personal trainer, a boxing fitness instructor, and a sworn police officer in our nation’s capitol. I've grown to love the art of jiu-jitsu. After research, it is very clear that the Gracie's are the best!”

Considering that their grandfather was one of the founding fathers of Brazilian Jiu-jitsu, it shouldn’t come as a surprise that Ryron and Rener Gracie have had extraordinary success in their quest to share jiu-jitsu with the world. Gracie University truly set itself apart with the linear online curriculum and the overall user experience. Whether you have a BJJ school and you’re looking to grow faster through independent online study, or you live several hours from the nearest BJJ academy and want to learn from home, Gracie University can make it happen. Even though many of the techniques taught in the Gracie curriculum could be applied in a sport BJJ encounter, Ryron and Rener make it very clear from the onset that their focus is to prepare the student for a fight. If a technique is designed for sport BJJ, or if there are certain limitations that would make a technique ineffective in a real fight, the brothers always make sure to issue a disclaimer in that particular lesson so the student knows what the limitations are. It’s fair to say that if your sole training objective is to prepare for sport BJJ competition, then Gracie University probably isn’t for you. CONCLUSION

Great social life - We go to the pub after every training session and many of us have our closest friends in the club. We also have regular socials! Level up your game and learn about the concepts and history of Brazilian Jiu Jitsu with these booksTraining is done through situations to simulate a range of situations from warding off unwanted harassment to a series of armed aggressors, at higher grades. A knowledge of jitsu can be applied practically in real life,

Let me start by saying that I have received my DVD's and I love them. Some of the things that I like the most about your program are the Reflex Development Drills and Fight Simulation Drills, the details to all of your techniques, the indicators, and the outline that comes in the booklet. And the poster I got, which provides me with a visual image of the way all the techniques fit together, is very helpful! Great job guys! I look forward to learning your complete system.”

This is not a question but a statement of FACT! I have been watching the Gracie Combatives DVDs, and practicing along, and I’m telling anyone who wants to learn how to fight; get these DVDs. They explain things so well and are consistent throughout all the lessons. You will even start talking like them! Seriously take the time and invest in this program—you won't regret it.” I borrowed my 1st copy from my gym. I took it home and left it on the coffee table. Each night as I would sit there, I'd go over a little bit more. If anything caught my eye in the book like a technique or certain aspect, I would note it down. Then right before class I would look over my short notes (1-3 max per class) and use the book if needed to get a refresher. Carlos Gracie establishes the first Gracie Jiu-Jitsu Academy in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. Carlos and his brothers taught Japanese Jiu-Jitsu techniques that Carlos learned from Esai Maeda, a Japanese immigrant. Helio Gracie, the youngest of Carlos’ brothers, was restricted from practicing due to his small size and weak body. As a result, Helio spent most of his time observing the lessons taught by his older brothers. While a print book may not be quite as useful or detailed as instructional dvds, this book's many color pictures and logical organization make it a wonderful reference. At its price point and fundamentals focus it is certainly a better buy for people just entering the sport. Obviously this is no substitute for classes and a real coach, but is a wonderful supplement.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment