276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Spigen S354 Stand Designed for Google Pixel Watch Charger Durable TPU with Non-Slip Base (Not Compatible with Pixel Watch 2) - Black

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Although there's a lot of iPhone related messaging in this, Pixel devices are also clearly mentioned.

As part of Golden Week, which is a seven-day period that contains several Japanese holidays, the local Google Store is running a series of discounts from April 28 to May 7. In addition to taking 8% off the Pixel Watch, you’ll get a “‘Space Brothers collaboration limited watch stand.” Google finally fully revealed the Pixel Watch – a device that has been rumoured for as long as there have been Pixel phones – on October 6, alongside the Pixel 7. Third-party Pixel Watch straps are few and far between. Because of the quality and consistency issues, at least for a little while longer, it’s hard for us to wholeheartedly recommend unofficial watch straps for the new wearable. Qi charging is not supported on the Google Pixel Watch,” the company said in the statement. “There may be some charging configurations where reverse wireless or Qi charging appears to work.” Hopefully, third-party Made for Google certified Pixel Watch charging stands, if not a first-party accessory, are coming. One of the more reputable third-party accessories that has popped up is an affordable stand where you slot in the charger from Spigen. An integrated powered solution would be better.

Never miss a beat.

First off, this is most likely not Made by/for Google and a very simple piece of plastic. That said, I’dgenuinely use the stand if it was made available in the US. In comparison, the Apple Watch and Samsung wearables have a wide ecosystem of stands from dedicated accessories to spots on wirelessly chargers shared with phones. It’s much easier to place a watch on one of those offerings than having to use both your hands to line up the Pixel Watch and its cable. The company added: “This will be very device and charger specific and is not guaranteed to provide a consistent, steady or strong charge. Note that in some cases, this could cause the device to discharge while on charger. Pixel Watch only supports charging with the inbox charger provided.”

That said, there are options that will provide a base level of edge protection and keep your watch slim or lightweight. These options also mean that other Pixel Watch accessories are still compatible and touch controls still work perfectly fine. Reducing screen bubbles is always going to be tough though. Pixel 6 Pro, Pixel Buds Pro and Pixel Watch all charging at the same time. I was able to charge just fine as if I was using normal wireless chargers for all of these things. The watch base IS magnetic, just like the OEM charger. It can shift around a little more though, but it aligns just fine without any issues. My P6P is in a Peak Design case. I initially tried charging the phone on its own and it went from 10 to 20% in about 10 min. The watch was then added and it went from 52 to 62% in 5 min while the phone kept going. Those times are not necessarily representative of actual total charging times. Point is, it's capable of charging at those speeds.In a statement to 9to5Google today, Google offered clarity. The company said that although users may enjoy some success with alternate options, the official charger is the only way to go if you want a strong and consistent charging experience. Google promised a wealth of official Pixel Watch accessories, but there could be a few more in our opinion. Third-party accessory makers haven’t yet made a killer cheap alternative at this stage either. For that reason, although Google’s own watch straps are expensive, they are still the best option for most people. Curved screens are the bane of cheap screen protectors, and that is certainly true of the Pixel Watch. While the design looks gorgeous, the pebble shape means that there is a sizable portion of the chassis that is exposed to use and abuse day-in-day-out. What’s more annoying is those good screen protectors are hard to come by. If you want full protection and don’t mind added bulk, then Ringke makes a solid clip-on case, but it does detract a little from the svelte curves of the Pixel Watch. I’ve tested a few and most are in a word: terrible. While the adapters I recommend are not 100% perfect, I think they are pretty solid and make it easier for you to use more standard watch straps and accessories with your Pixel Watch. You may need to play around with your existing straps though. Due to the smaller size of the Pixel Watch chassis, I’ve found that sometimes bands can look a little out of place. This is a super cheap way to just add more “unofficial” Pixel Watch accessories to your daily lineup, and one that I do recommend if you can’t stomach the high official strap prices.

Please note that this is a mini "review" after 1h of testing it out. In fact, I'm not even done charging my devices. But the phone is now at 35% and the watch at 85%. The buds are now fully charged. As is normal, charging usually slows down towards the end of charging. But the speed of the watch/phone charging seems normal at the moment as compared to other wireless chargers I use. That’s despite early hands-on tests with the Pixel Watch showing both reverse charging and Qi chargers had been shown to successfully replenish the Wear OS smartwatch. There isn’t a great wealth of Pixel Watch straps to choose from right now, but that can be leveled up with case strap adapters that open up the more commonly used 20mm strap size. The usage of a slide-in proprietary mechanism means that you’ll need to do this to use your existing watch straps and bands.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment