276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Temple Of The Dog

£3.495£6.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Temple Of The Dog was a collaboration between members of Soundgarden (Cornell & Cameron) and Mother Love Bone (Gossard & Ament), initiated as a tribute to Mother Love Bone's vocalist Andrew Wood who died of a heroin overdose in March, 1990 - two weeks before the release of MLB's debut album, "Apple".

In September 2016 UMe will also release a special Temple of the Dog 25th anniversary reissue collection of their landmark album, newly mixed by Brendan O'Brien. The release will be available in multiple configurations including this 180g 2LP-set and a four disc Super Deluxe edition featuring two CDs, blu-ray disc and DVD.Music Direct reserves the right to select the carrier and ship method within the terms of this offer. Call Me A Dog and Reach Down from Madseason’s 2015 Benaroya Hall concert (newly edited and never-before-seen) Un superbe album qui démontre l'étendue des influences du Grunge dont le Blues qui ici tient une place dominante dans chacune des compositions du disque. Seattle supergroup Temple of the Dog mark the 25 th anniversary of their one and only album with a super deluxe resissue via UMe.

There are many stories you might hear about Seattle music. This one, the story of Temple of the Dog, just so happens to be true. Cornell is often credited for welcoming Vedder with open arms to Seattle. “He really embraced Eddie,” Cameron noted in the documentary Pearl Jam Twenty. “I know Eddie felt a real mentorship and I think that gave him a lot of confidence.” Dieu que suis heureux d'avoir 41 balais et d'avoir eu la chance de vivre cette époque où musique et sincérité ne faisaient qu'un. The 25 th anniversary reissue has been newly mixed in stereo by stalwart Pearl Jam/Soundgarden collaborator Brendan O’Brien and in 5.1 surround sound by Adam Kasper. Both feature on the blu-ray audio which forms part of the Super Deluxe Edition(two CDs, one DVD and one Blu-Ray Audio disc) but you can opt for double-LP, two-CD and single CD editions as well. Music Direct reserves the right to change the terms of this promotion or discontinue this offer at any time.Mother Love Bone's Gossard and Ament began playing with McCready, and they brought in Soundgarden's Cameron to drum on demos. Because this was a collaboration, and a tribute, there was no commercial expectation for the Temple of the Dog album. It would be, Gossard would later observe, "the easiest and most beautiful record that we've ever been involved with." Adds Cornell: "Temple was about making an album simply for the joy of doing it. We weren't concerned what anyone outside of our group of friends would think of it. It was the first and maybe only stress-free album that we all made."

Off Ramp Café video shot by Badmotorfinger producer, Terry Date (previously unseen/unreleased) – Hunger Strike, Wooden Jesus, Say Hello 2 Heaven, Reach Down, Call Me A Dog and Times of Trouble. Special mention goes to Mike McCready, whose solos on Say Hello 2 Heaven, Call Me A Dog, and especially Reach Down (all 4 or 5 minutes worth) rank among his best ever. Matt Cameron also deserves extra points for his funky beats in Your Savior. Original album only – newly mixed by Brendan O’Brien – expanded to 2 LPs for premium audio fidelity Say Hello 2 Heaven originally shot on film and newly transferred to HD (newly edited and never before seen in its entirety).If you like Pearl Jam or any of Chris Cornell's projects (Soundgarden, Audioslave, solo work), then this CD is for you. Started as a tribute to singer Andrew Wood after he died of an overdose, Temple of the Dog might be the best work any member of the group has ever produced. Out of that deep tragedy sprang life, and new musical connections. What Cornell initially thought might be a tribute song with the surviving Love Bone players blossomed into a larger song cycle. Songs including “Say Hello 2 Heaven” and “Reach Down” were mournful elegies, but like Andy Wood himself they had a fearlessness. “I didn’t have any destination for those songs,” Cornell reflected. “I was compelled to write them and there they were – written in a vacuum as a tribute to Andy. My thought was that maybe I could record these songs with the remaining members of Mother Love Bone and that maybe we could release them as a tribute.” Temple of the Dog enthusiasts Stateside will also be delighted to hear that the band are reuniting for their first-ever tour this November, which will include five gigs in Philadephia, New York, San Fransisco, Los Angeles and Seattle. Mother Love Bone’s Stone Gossard and Jeff Ament began playing with Mike McCready, who had previously been in a band named Shadow while Soundgarden’s Matt Cameron was brought in to play drums on several demos. Three of those songs in collaboration with Cornell would find their way to the Temple of the Dog album. That was the way Seattle operated in that day, with creative sparks flying cross-town with little regard to who was committed to what band. Cornell continued on to write several more songs that would round out the material for the rest of the album. The self-titled Temple Of The Dog album was originally released in April, 1991 to very little acclaim and low sales. It was reissued later that year following the success of Soundgarden's "Badmotorfinger" and Pearl Jam's "Ten", and was marketed at that time as a sort of "grunge supergroup" project.

It is important to remember Temple of the Dog for the mark they left on music history. Rolling Stone said that the album “deserves immortality”. Temple of the Dog begins with a cassette containing two songs spawned by the loss of Chris Cornell’s friend and roommate Andrew Wood (singer of Malfunkshun and Mother Love Bone). Wood had huge talent, but human beings are complicated, and he struggled with cocaine and heroin, sending him to rehab in 1989. In March 1990, Wood relapsed and died at 24. It was, Cornell would say, “the death of the innocence of the scene.” Cornell was devastated. “Chris and Andy had a very deep relationship,” Soundgarden’s Matt Cameron observed. Soundgarden was on tour when the news broke. La voix de Chris est vraiment prenante et superbe! même si je n'ai jamais été un grand fan de Soungarden j'ai toujours été bluffé par son timbre 70's très puissant.The bonds that came out of Temple of the Dog have proved enduring. Andy Wood was never a member of Soundgarden or Pearl Jam, but in a way he’s always been part of their histories. After 25 years, the Temple doors will open once again this November when the band reunites for its first ever tour to mark the historic anniversary. “We wanted to do the one thing we never got to do… play shows and see what it feels like to be the band that we walked away from 25 years ago,” said Cornell. “This is something no one has ever seen. We wanted to stop and recognize that we did this and pay homage.” Temple of the Dog– the Seattle supergroup featuring Soundgarden's Chris Cornell, Pearl Jam's Jeff Ament, Stone Gossard, and Mike McCready, and drummer Matt Cameron (who plays drums with both Soundgarden and Pearl Jam) – has reunited and will tour for the first time ever since forming in 1990. The tour marks the 25th anniversary of the release of Temple of the Dog's first and only album, a self-titled set that was issued by A&M Records in April 1991. "We wanted to do the one thing we never got to do...play shows and see what it feels like to be the band that we walked away from 25 years ago," Cornell says of the 2016 tour. The first time I heard Temple Of The Dog on record (having witnessed incendiary live shows long before), I actually wasn't terribly impressed. With each successive listen, tho, it began to grow on me. It's now at the point that it gets four daggers. Next week and several more spins from now, who knows? Participants include then-Soundgarden-members Chris Cornell (vocals) and Matt Cameron (drums), as well as four future founding members of Pearl Jam: Eddie Vedder (vocals), Mike McCready (lead guitar), Stone Gossard (rhythm guitar), and Jeff Ament (bass)

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment