276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Moon's a Balloon

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

I’ve already put the second volume of his autobiography on my TBR list to enjoy the next time I need to be swept up in some serious Hollywood glamour. However, along with the “ripping yarns” comes my only caveat: you have to be happy to take quite a lot of what he tells you with a pinch of salt. This book is like those movies which are “based on true events”, usually meaning the real timelines and finer elements of the truth have been adjusted to make the story more dramatic. Publishers pictorial covers the spine titled in black and silver, A fine copy with no marks or inscription in the publisher's slipcase with no marks chips or splits. UMoMA has received a Special Commendation from the European Museum of the Year, and was among the top candidates for the Swedish Museum of the Year Award as well as for the Council of Europe Museum Prize.

This is one of the most amusing, outspoken, self- revealing, warm-hearted and touching autobiographies ever to be published. Plus I did start to wonder if sometimes it was just how he remembered stuff and he was drunk at the time! If you’re in need of a vicarious escape into a more exciting, glamorous world, this is a terrific book. An intimate, gossipy, heartfelt and above all charming account of life inside Hollywood's dream factory, The Moon's A Balloon is a classic to be read and enjoyed time and again. When he voluntarily went back into the army the second World War Two started I decided to forgive him a lot!DAVID NIVEN - humorist, athlete, actor and gentleman extraordinary, a gay buccaneer who has painted his portrait in hilarious colour. He has had one of the most varied lives, as well as one of the most spectacular film careers, of our time. The cover may have some limited signs of wear but the pages are clean, intact and the spine remains undamaged.

The original version (with a blue cover, if I remember correctly) was on the bookshelves of the old family home when I was growing up. Images Donate icon An illustration of a heart shape Donate Ellipses icon An illustration of text ellipses. In America, where he was treated with endearing hospitality, he became a bootlegger, an organizer of Indoor Pony Races, and finally, through a piece of luck which would seem impossible if it were not true, he sailed his way into Hollywood studios and stardom. One of the bestselling memoirs of all time, The Moon's a Balloon is an account of one of the most remarkable lives Hollywood has ever seen.INGLESE Legatura datata, sovraccoperta illustrata in quadricromia, con patinato usurato da sfregamento e manipolazione, toni alterati dalla luce, bordo stanco, copertina segnata da piccoli urti e schiacciature alle estremità, testo arricchito da testimonianze fotografiche, fogli in buono stato, spugnati di rosa i tagli di testa, gli altri ombrati da pulviscolo e punti di ruggine. Of the war itself, he tells of family life back in Britain and his time on the front line in France and Germany. More Hamburger icon An icon used to represent a menu that can be toggled by interacting with this icon. The dust jacket has sone slight rubbing to the spine, and some small closed tears to the top and bottom of the spine. Expelled from school, baptized by the Army and a London whore, David amusingly recounts his early adventures.

We found this book important for the readers who want to know more about our old treasure so we brought it back to the shelves. xix 306 pp First thus, black and white photographic frontispiece and six additional double-sided full page plates from photographs ;. One of the bestselling memoirs of all time, David Niven’s The Moon’s a Balloon is an account of one of the most remarkable lives Hollywood has ever seen.Addeddate 2022-05-18 03:15:21 Identifier david-niven Identifier-ark ark:/13960/s28wsn8952r Ocr tesseract 5. Our resources are crucial for knowledge lovers everywhere—so if you find all these bits and bytes useful, please pitch in. Having attained that full suave sophisticated maturity, I had come across David Niven’s follow-up, Bring on the Empty Horses, published in 1975, and tracked down the initial autobiography after that. Beginning with the tragic early loss of his aristocratic father, then regaling us with tales of school, army and wartime hi-jinx, Niven shows how, even as an unknown young man, he knew how to live the good life. We build and maintain all our own systems, but we don’t charge for access, sell user information, or run ads.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment