276°
Posted 20 hours ago

keydous NJ80-AP Wireless Mechanical Keyboard with Knob Bluetooth 5.0/2.4G/Wired Connection 75% Hot Swappable Custom RGB Programmable Gaming Keyboard with PBT Keycap for Win Mac

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The Hot swappable PCB allows to swap the switches easily with a switch puller without soldering. Enjoy the charm of different switches and find your desired typing sound and feel. Supporting most of the 3 or 5 pins switch types in the market. Rotary Encoder: Removable anodized aluminium solid knob (Comes with 2 colours in the box, 1 mounted, one extra) Use the FN key in combination with other keys to switch between Bluetooth, 2.4g, and wired mode, adjust volume, mute, and perform other functions.

The NJ80 is a 75% layout keyboard with an aluminum knob, a layout that is still pretty rare for a pre-built keyboard, especially at its price range. Keydous offers a 12-month warranty with the NJ80. But since this is a Chinese manufacturer, if you end up buying from AliExpress or Taobao, make sure there’s a straightforward way to claim the warranty if you end up needing to. Conclusion

More Manuals From keydous

Upgrade your typing experience by moderately pre-lubed switches and stabs that bring a buttery smooth typing experience right out of box.The clean white appearance provides a pleasing aesthetic.The neat 75% layout greatly frees up desktop space, allowing more movement for the mouse. Carefully selected PBT with 90% high concentration provides unique matte texture on the surface,like caressing soft sand. The high-end dye-sublimation printing technology produces sharp and clear legends that are not easy to fade or get oiled even with long-term use. The ergonomic Cherry Profile is not easy to cause fatigue with long time use. Keydous offers the NJ80 in wired, wireless Bluetooth, and wireless with the included 2.4Ghz dongle. The latency in Bluetooth is excellent as the NJ80 uses the superior Bluetooth 5.0 standard. You can easily get away doing regular typing tasks on Bluetooth, although I suggest switching to either wired or using the 2.4Ghz dongle if you want to game. There’s even a small slot on the underside of the keyboard to store the 2.4Ghz dongle, which is super convenient. RGB settings is not the greatest we have seen either. No per-key RGB settings are available, but you get quite a number of common RGB effects that you will find with most gaming keyboards in the market. One thing worth noting is the terrible translation and typos you will find along the way, like Converage. Overall, not the best software. Customization options are really limited, but it should be good enough if you are coming from mainstream mechanical keyboards.

Two things immediately stood out when I started using the NJ80-AP. First, the V key is slightly raised compared to the other keys. Initially, I thought this would be an issue while typing, but it mostly hasn’t been an issue at all. My nails occasionally hit it when I go for the B key and cause an extra keystroke, but this is rare. Aside from that, I’ve had no issues with it, though I’m also not sure what the point of it being slightly raised is either. At first, I thought maybe it was to help find positioning without looking. However, in practice, this didn’t seem helpful at all. It might be due to my typing habits, but I tend to look for the notches on the F and J keys to find positioning. This might be useful for some people, but at least it wasn’t a real hindrance either. Likewise, switching between Bluetooth, 2.4 G, and wireless mode is incredibly simple. Bluetooth is FN+1/2/3, and because it is set like this, there isn’t a separate process to go through to save a Bluetooth device. It’s automatically set to whichever number you used to pair to in the first place. Then, to switch to 2.4 G mode it’s FN+4. Technically there is also a key combo for wired mode, but it just switched to that mode automatically when plugged in, so there’s not much point in that setting. Keydous has also included a metal plate, with plate-mounted switches, it would be nice to have gasket mounting, but it is understably absent at this price point. Connectivity FN + | = switch lamp effect mode (light waves, ripples, raindrops, serpentine, follow, aggregation, sine wave, Colorful springs, flowers, laser, peaks, and turns, colorful vertical and horizontal, breathing, neon) Of course, hardened enthusiasts will probably not be interested in the Keydous NJ80, with there being no options for other mounting methods other than the rather basic tray mount out of the box. Not to mention that there’s no QMK/VIA support, which limits your customizability to what Keydous offers in the very limited software. However if you are upgrading from a run-of-the-mill mechanical keyboard, the Keydous NJ80 is definitely an excellent option. ConclusionIf simply pressing down the volume knob to mute volume is getting too boring, you can also press Fn+10. In the same vein, you can press Fn+11 to decrease volume and Fn+12 to increase volume. I do wish the volume knob was remappable as well, but alas it’s not. Being able to use the knob in applications like Photoshop or Premiere would give it a wide range of uses which would’ve turned the Keydous NJ80 into a productivity consideration. While you might be tempted to use the Keydous NJ80 without a USB connection to your PC, you actually need one, if you want to customize the keyboard via the software. The software is very limited, with most of the options available on the keyboard itself, but you can reassign all the keys on the Keydous NJ80, with the exception of the volume knob and Fn key. The volume knob can only adjust the volume and mute it with a press. F12 button for battery indicator: low battery for red breath. When charged, it breathes green; when full, it turns to its original color. Right from the get go, the Keydous NJ80 feels like a true premium product. Essentially, it’s a relatively compact 75% wireless keyboard with a clean, minimalistic design. It has a unique milky colorway with a dash of blue and yellow that’s really pleasing to the eye and feels like a great fit for a warmer, retro setup. Besides the beautiful color, the keycaps are made from really high-quality PBT plastic and have sharp, minimalistic font, and a really comfortable, uniform profile.

RGB Lighting Setting: RGB Wave, Ripple, Rain Drop, Snake, Press Action, Convergence, Sine Wave, Kaleidoscope, Line Wave, Laser, RGB Circle Wave, Dazzing, Breathing, Color Cycle, Music Visualiser 1, Music Visualiser 2)Keep the Bluetooth receiver away from WIFI signal sources, handle the keyboard gently when inserting and removing the shaft body, and store the keyboard in a cool and dry environment when not in use. Connect the equipment into an outlet on a circuit different from that to which the receiver is connected.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment