276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Casanova

£5.485£10.97Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

But one thing that has thankfully been unwavering through the decades is my love of the music from the show. To calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don’t use a simple average. Perhaps Hannon is poking fun at himself and the love-song-writing community, but he still takes his advice to heart – something that helps distinguish him from other artists.

Recorded at the famous Abbey Road Studios the song is the most grandiose of 'Casanova' and may even have you shedding a tear as Hannon plays out the record's last goodbye.The album is “inspired by the writings of the eighteenth century Venetian gambler, eroticist, and spy” (which Hannon himself details in the penultimate “Theme From Casanova”, using his best BBC voice as he ushers in a contrastingly gentle and ambling instrumental piece). Casanova had the longest recording period of any Divine Comedy album up to that point and consequently had a higher budget. He was accompanied in that 1995 recording by a specially assembled group of young musicians, under the baton of Dr. This album is also more complex than I think it seems at first, with lyrics both frothy and deep, light and intense.

I had this on a TDK cassette and played it over and over flying from London to Japan on the way to Australia in early 1997. But hearing it also reminds me to be thankful that the show put me onto one of Northern Ireland’s best musical exports: The Divine Comedy. As his voice rose in the song, my heart opened and so did my mind; I had never heard music anything like this before. Walker might be gone, but the ways in which Hannon emulates him, captures his nuance and style, is like having someone putting out B-sides to Scott 1-4 across their own career.

I rewatched the show recently, and while I did laugh plenty, I also winced a great deal, amazed that so much offensive detail didn’t irk me at all when I was younger.

Also a scratch right at the beginning of the side to dead wax that creates a nasty pop for the first five or six seconds.You can change your choices at any time by visiting Cookie preferences, as described in the Cookie notice. Casanova is the fourth studio album and features the singles: Something For The Weekend, The Frog Princess and Becoming More Like Alfie, plus Songs Of Love (the theme from Father Ted). Like I imagine many others did, I found The Divine Comedy through the Irish comedy series Father Ted.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment