276°
Posted 20 hours ago

When I Were A Lad…: Snapshots From A Time That Health & Safety Forgot

£4.995£9.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

I'm an 87 year old born in South Bank ( near Middlesbrough) Yorkshire and this reminds me so much of Slaggy Island and I would so love to get a Disk an anyone tell me were I can buy one? Thank you richard When I was a child, I was speaking as a child, I was led as a child, I was thinking as a child, but when I became a man, I ceased these childish things.

I came across these lyrics at http://www.belfastforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=4049.154, while I was looking for information on When I Were a Lad. This one of those 97 Irish Pub Songs songs, but I suppose somebody might want it sometime. My Internet is crippled right now so I can't watch YouTube videos very easily, but there's a Liverpool version by John Dolan of this song at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twleiBxzbG0. Strong's 3516: From an obsolete particle ne- and epos; not speaking, i.e. An infant; figuratively, a simple-minded person, an immature Christian. When I was a child, I spoke and thought and reasoned as a child. But when I grew up, I put away childish things. The episodes in Series 1 delve into Liam's memories of virginity loss, his first fight, the best house party ever organised, and his marvellous outwitting of an entire teaching staff. "This is the New Labour, post-mining, aspirational heartland, meeting 50 Cent and Generation Y ennui, represented in a bourgeois radio format by a British comedian."When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put the ways of childhood behind me.

Thank you very much ,I've been searching for these lyrics ,for the Houghton Weavers version of the song , they remind me of when I was a lad in the 1940's When I was a child, I spoke like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I gave up childish ways. Fans of Gilbert and Sullivan have embraced “When I Was A Lad” for its clever lyrics, catchy tune, and the way it encapsulates the duo’s signature wit. The song captures the essence of their brand of musical theater, leaving a lasting impression on audiences due to its humor and relatability. When I was a child, I spoke like a child, thought like a child, and reasoned like a child. When I became an adult, I no longer used childish ways. When I was a child, I spoke like a child, thought like a child, and reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I gave up my childish ways.When I was a child, I spoke like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put aside childish things.

The title, “When I Was A Lad,” sets the nostalgic and retrospective tone of the song. It establishes the framework for Captain Corcoran’s reminiscences and hints at the generational gap between the character and the crew. The phrase also amplifies the humor, as the Captain’s tales become increasingly exaggerated. 4. Are there any hidden meanings in the lyrics of “When I Was A Lad?” Ellicott's Commentary for English Readers(11) When I was a child.--The natural childhood and manhood of this life are analogous to the spiritual childhood of this life and the spiritual manhood of the life to come.When I was a child, I spoke as a child, I felt as a child, I thought as a child. Now that I have become an adult, I have put away childish things. When I was a child, I spoke as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child; but when I became a man, I put away childish things. When I was a child, I spake as a child, I felt as a child, I thought as a child: now that I am become a man, I have put away childish things. When I was a child, I spoke as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things. When we were children, we thought and reasoned as children do. But when we grew up, we quit our childish ways.

This storytelling series comes from multiple Edinburgh Comedy Award nominee and misanthrope Liam Williams. It is a cinematic retelling of his teenage misadventures in the Yorkshire suburbs. Series 2 focuses on Liam trying to find his feet in a most alien of new environments, Cambridge University. Additional details Also known as Many Liverpool people know the song as it was played regularly by Billy Butler on Radio Merseyside in the 80's., and apparently several acts have seen fit to change the lyrics to suit themselves ad hoc. I wonder if they need permission of the writer to do this kind of thing, as it is then presented as their work. Anyone else got information or ideas? When I was a child, I spoke as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child. But, when I became a man, I put away the things of a child. I gues you did not mean the wonderful patter song from W S Gilbert--- When I Was A Lad---from HMS Pinafore.Strong's 5426: (a) I think, (b) I think, judge, (c) I direct the mind to, seek for, (d) I observe, (e) I care for. No, “When I Was A Lad” is not based on a true story. Gilbert and Sullivan were known for their fictional narratives that blurred the lines between reality and satire. The song serves as a comedic device, poking fun at the human tendency to embellish stories of the past. 3. What is the significance of the title, “When I Was A Lad?”

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment