276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Atlas: The Story of Pa Salt: The epic conclusion to the Seven Sisters series (The Seven Sisters, 8)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The seven sisters are gathered together for the first time, on board the Titan to say a final goodbye to the enigmatic father they loved so dearly. From the start of this journey I have not been able to choose a favorite sister, and still can't. They are all unique in their own way. I’ve been trying to collect my thoughts on this one. For those that are not familiar, author Lucinda Riley sadly passed away in 2021 prior to completing this book which is the final installment of the Seven Sisters series. She had been approached many years before by a production company wanting the film rights to The Seven Sisters and they wanted to know how the story would end, so she had assembled her thoughts into a document and shared them with her son, Harry Whittaker, to complete the book in the event she was unable to.

Atlas è stato esattamente la lettura che mi aspettavo; e per fortuna direi, perchè aspetto questo libro dal 2015 circa e se fosse stato meno profondo, significativo ed esaustivo di così penso sarei impazzita. For over a year now, I’ve waited and anticipated the day I could read Pa Salt’s story. The first time I read about the seven sisters, I sat in a hotel room in Cuba. I was waiting for my friend to get ready to go out, and had trouble tearing myself away from the book when she was ready to go. I was hooked, and my obsession grew as i continued to devour the series. This book marks the conclusion of ‘The Seven Sisters’ Series. As the title suggests each book is dedicated to each sister, within each book is the story about their origins and they are all named after the Seven Sisters of the Pleiades. This book is the story of Pa Salt as the girls called him their adopted Father.

Paris. A boy is found, moments from death, and taken in by a kindly family. Gentle, precocious, talented, he flourishes in his new home, and the family show him a life he hadn’t dreamed possible. But he refuses to speak a word, or reveal a single detail about who he is. As he grows into a young man, falling in love and taking classes at the prestigious Conservatoire de Paris, he can almost forget the terrors of his past, or the promise he has made. But in 1930s Europe, an evil is rising across the continent and no one’s safety is certain. In his heart, he knows the time will come where he must flee once more. This book spans roughly 80+ years and many continents, so as expected it is full of drama. I love the premise of this series and although it requires the reader to throw plausibility out the window, overall it is an entertaining series and this final installment concluded with all of my questions being answered. That being said, I struggled a bit with a few of the plot points, but even more so with the dialogue which was unrealistic and felt robotic especially in the current timeline particularly the conversations between the sisters, but I also had this issue with the dialogue in “The Missing Sister”. From the very beginning the story flowed beautifully between present day on the Titan and the retelling of Pa Salt’s life through use of his diary. This was so cleverly executed that not once was I confused as to what time period I was in or who the narrator was; covering such a vast time period and cast of characters this can’t have been easily achieved. Also glad I watched - and would recommend you watch - Harry's recap of the seven previous books to remind you of who was who and where and when! There is surprisingly not too much rehashing in this novel.

I’ve decided I’m not going to divulge too much in regards to the content of this novel. As a massive and long-standing fan of Lucinda Riley’s Seven Sisters series, I am respectful of those who haven’t read this series or final issue yet. What I will say is that I was both excited and nervous going into Atlas: The Story of Pa Salt. Harry Whittaker is definitely a son to be proud of for fulfilling his mother’s legacy and I’m sure she is looking down on him now, nodding in approval. As he grows into a young man, falling in love and taking classes at the prestigious Conservatoire de Paris, he can almost forget the terrors of his past, or the promise he has vowed to keep. But across Europe an evil is rising, and no-one’s safety is certain. In his heart, he knows the time will come where he must flee once more. porque el séptimo libro correspondiente a la hermana perdida, fue el que menos me gustó, pero es que además a mitad de lectura ya fue fácil sospechar que tendría que haber otro sí o sí para explicar toda la historia de Pa Salt, ySiaubingai erzino, kad net paskutinėj daly esmė – nuo ko ir kodėl Atlantas visą gyvenimą slapstėsi, užlaikyta vos ne iki paskutinių puslapių. O kol nežinai, kas iš tiesų tokio siaubingo nutiko jo gyvenimo pradžioj, visą tą jo slapstymąsi galima pavadint tik šizofreniko klajonėm. Neradau jokio realaus pagrindo, kad jį iš tiesų kažkas medžioja po visą pasaulį, o visą gyvenimą laikytis įsitvėrus baimės iš vaikystės – mažų mažiausiai kvaila. Finalinė akistata su persekiotoju man net buvo komiška: maždaug, tu visą gyvenimą praknisai dėl to?

Pa Salt's journey was breathtaking, some parts were unbelievable, but in the end we got an answer to everything. The beginning was sometimes a bit confusing and I often had to turn to the other books to remember who is who... then I just started to write a chart to myself to mark the main places and people. I wish the Vaughan family storyline was more detailed. Atlas and Elle spent many years there and we only had two interactions with Flora. Electra's story was also a bit wobbly for me. It just felt too artificial that someone would keep a business card of a man who helped him once...I didn't feel the importance of this relationship. I really liked the explanations of Georg, Claudia and Marina. serija pasakoja apie septynias iš skirtingų pasaulio šalių įvaikintas seseris ir jų įtėvį Atlantą. Per visas serijos dalis įdomiausios buvo sesių šaknų paieškos po skirtingas šalis ir kultūras, o paskutinėje dalyje apie tėvą – kaip jis visas tas mergaites susirinko ir kas jį siejo su jų biologinėmis šeimomis. Ir dar pagalvokim logiškai. Ateina random žmogus į vaikų namus ir sako, aš turiu jau penkias mergaites, noriu šitos, šią nakt galiu pasiimti ją ir išskristi? O taip žinoma. Paplekšnojam per petį ir atiduodam vaiką. Tiesiog skamba idaeliai. Tikrai jokio įtarimo negali sukelti. Ir čia ne viduramžiai, o 1982metai.The Missing Sister was a bit disappointment to me, as it raised more questions than it gave answers to. I was very looking forward to the closing part of this amazing series. I have to say I am not disappointed. It was well thought through and every loose end was cut. I was so caught up with the story that I couldn't even tell which parts were not written by Lucinda herself. Her son did an amazing job! There are no questions left answered. Most of the theories we all had were correct, but Pa's original story was a complete surprise and worked well. The book is filled to the brim with awkward situations. Like when at the end the old guy is presented with Bear. A non-biological peepsqueek in diapers, but the son of one of his starry girls. While his grown-up biological grandson is competely ignored. But, hey, it’s all about the sisters right?

As he grows into a young man, falling in love and taking classes at the prestigious Conservatoire de Paris, he can almost forget the terrors of his past, or the promise he has vowed to keep. But across Europe an evil is rising, and no one’s safety is certain. In his heart, he knows the time will come where he must flee once more. Sure it’s fiction. It’s a modern fairytale. But oh, boy is it badly written. Shallow characters, unrealistic dialogue, an often ridiculous storyline. Paris. A boy is found, moments from death, and taken in by a kindly family. Gentle, precocious, talented, he flourishes in his new home, and the family show him a life he hadn't dreamed possible. But he refuses to speak a word, or reveal a single detail about who he is. As he grows into a young man, falling in love and taking classes at the prestigious Conservatoire de Paris, he can almost forget the terrors of his past, or the promise he has made. But in 1930s Europe, an evil is rising across the continent and no one's safety is certain. In his heart, he knows the time will come where he must flee once more. the Aegean. The seven sisters are gathered together for the first time, on board the Titan, to say a final goodbye to the enigmatic father they loved so dearly. Ir jei Atlantas taip ieškojo Elės, kodėl nesugalvojo ieškoti jos brolio? Gal ji su juo susisiekus buvo? Čia suprasit ką turiu omeny. Oho, visai kaip rašytojas, įnešu intriga, kur nereikia.A boy is found, moments from death, and taken in by a kindly family. Gentle, precocious, talented, he flourishes in his new home, and the family show him a life he hadn’t dreamed possible. But he refuses to speak a word about who he really is.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment