276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Lost Sisters: The Folk of the Air Novella

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Noble king, you ask for the smallest and most reasonable thing from your servant, but I, who have suffered for such vows, am loath to make them again. Grant me the position, and I will make it my duty and pleasure to keep the High King of Elfhame from being bored. Like a master weaver, McGurl has managed to create a masterpiece by combining threads to reveal the ties that bind us. Black promises that it will be part-apology and part-explanation as it reveals some of the secrets Taryn has been hiding. If she won’t apologize, then at least she should be the one to pretend there’s nothing to apologize for.

Another servant, this one small and round, brought a decanter of some purple liquid and a small glass. He must have done it on the grounds of the palace, where tutors instruct the children of the Gentry—and us—in history and riddle games and divination and all the other things needed to be productive members of society. This dual time-line follows seventy year-old Harriet as she prepares to downsize to a smaller property. Nights like tonight, I imagine hopping down from the dais and going to her, trying to explain my choices.Black might have been most well known for her Spiderwick Chronicles series, but The Cruel Prince caught the book world by storm. Later, the Ghost brings Jude to Cardan's room, which has been largely destroyed – Cardan, Locke, and two other faeries lie drunk and half undressed. The story follows the journey of mortal girl Jude Duarte and faerie prince Cardan Greenbriar as they navigate the world of hate, betrayal, and contempt along with feelings for each other. I wanted to tell you about the note, but I was afraid that if I did, you would warn me it was some kind of trick. However, The Darkest Part of the Forest was written as a standalone novel and can still be read as such.

Jude enters and finds Nicasia, who admits that she was furious to see Cardan in bed with another girl. Cardan looks at Locke oddly, as though considering, seemingly for the first time, that being High King might be fun. When they arrived at revels, courtiers turned their heads to see the magnificent cut of their gowns, to see the cunning cut of their jackets.

He wants her to ensure that Cardan does not marry Nicasia fearing that the Undersea queen slowly conquered all the kingdoms until she is the ultimate ruler. He tells her that Grima Mog, former general to the Court of Teeth, has been exiled to the human world, and she has been eating the local Folk that live in the mortal world. At a masquerade ball, Jude tells Locke she knows he tried to kill her before his wedding, and she plans to retaliate. I am supposed to be High King Cardan’s most trusted advisor, and so I play that part, rather than my real role—the hand behind the throne, with the power to compel him to obey should he try to cross me. While Jude fought for power in the Court of Elfhame against the cruel Prince Cardan, her sister Taryn began to fall in love with the trickster, Locke.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment