276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Batman: The Black Mirror

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Unable to find Batman, Nightwing returned to the city, where he unleashed his frustration on some street criminals. [77] Upon his return to the Batcave, Nightwing learned of Batgirl's plan to create a new team to replace Batman and he didn't like the idea at all. [78] Mechanical Aptitude: Grayson built his car mostly on his own. The only help he needed was to find the most appropriate motorhead. [137] Not Me This Time: Barbara Kean is infected with Joker toxin shortly after said villain has escaped from prison. When Batman confronts the Joker, the latter begins incessantly repeating " wasn't me!" He is not lying. The real culprit is James Jr, who got his hands on the toxin by purchasing it during one of the Dealer's auctions. The Post-Crisis version of Grayson had him become the first and only Nightwing, with his costume partially inspired by his father, who at one time wore a circus costume that was a variant of colleague Boston Brand's Deadman costume.

Timothy D Peters (2015) Beyond the limits of the law: a Christological reading of Christopher Nolan's The Dark Knight, Griffith Law Review, 24:3, 418-445, DOI: 10.1080/10383441.2015.1096985 And maybe due this “contamination” in the main story, having so many sub-plots is what causes that Batman and Jim Gordon look like to be “too slow” to react to the real menace that it’s standing in front of them at plain sight. The Dealer consumes the Man-Bat serum in a desperate attempt to fight off Batman. This causes him to mutate into a hideously deformed bat-like creature. An infant James Gordon Jr. appears in Batman: Year One. He ends up captured by Carmine Falcone's nephew Johnny Vitti only to be saved by Batman. Peak Human Reflexes: He possesses enough skill to detect a Sniper [202] and dodge several rapid gunfire bullets [203] at mid or point blank range. [204]Commissioner Gordon doesn't trust his son, so he has Barbara Gordon run tests on James Jr.'s anti-psychotic medication. It turns out that he's inverted the formula to increase psychotic tendencies. They believe he's going to use his connections with Leslie Thompkins to infect an infant nutrition center, turning hundreds of babies into young sociopaths. The Commissioner runs to James Jr.'s home to try and catch him, but instead he finds a box containing the keys of everyone he's ever killed... this includes Bess Keller's keychain on top of the pile. Elsewhere the Joker escapes from Arkham Asylum and begins his next murder spree. [9] My Dark Architect It's actually reminiscent of Brubaker's run on Captain America (at least the early, good parts) - the writing is lyrical, and weaves the main characters' past with the present action so that you're getting a grand tale with echoes (like in our own lives - at least the constant echoes of early life experiences). What's really quite fantastic about Snyder's writing (especially his dialogue) is not what's there but what's not - so much pointless exposition, all the extra details that any intelligent reader can fill in (or enjoy wondering about). It's such a pleasure to not be insulted by the writer - to get the feeling like the writer expects highly of the reader.

Meanwhile, Francavilla's work on the Gordon chapters is more refined with a heavy focus on colors and atmosphere. It's simpler, in a way that's fitting to the very human nature of Gordon's plight: dealing with the return of his estranged son. Because of Francavilla's approach, the creep-factor is turned up to eleven, assisting Snyder's intentionally ambiguous portrayal of James Jr. in being the most permeating factor of the book. James Jr. has displayed violent behavior from an early age; as a child, he kills animals and takes them apart as a hobby. He is also implicated in the disappearance of one of his sister's friends, Bess Keller. Barbara swears that she saw James carrying Bess' keychain, although this is never proven. [8] His antisocial behavior contributes to his parents' divorce. [9] He is mentioned having left Gotham to travel around the country at some point. [10]

Become a Member

Azrael • Batgirl • Batman • Batman and Robin • Batman Beyond • Batman Confidential • Batman Incorporated • Batman: Dark Knight • Batman: Streets of Gotham • Birds of Prey • Justice League of America • Outsiders • Red Robin • Superman/Batman What's really quite fantastic about Snyder's writing (especially his dialogue) is not what's there but what's not - so much pointless exposition, all the extra details that any intelligent reader can fill in (or enjoy wondering about). It's such a pleasure to not be insulted by the writer - to get the feeling like the wr Investigation: Grayson is a master detective, and has been said to be second to Batman. [151] He was able to solve a riddle by the Riddler before Batman himself even figured it out before becoming Robin [152] and has been shown to solve mysteries and cases in a speed that even impresses his mentor. [153] Barbara even commented that he was able to solve 4 cases in "America's Most Wanted" in a single morning [154] and solved a homicide case that went unsolved for 14 years. [155] He was also able to deduce clues Bruce left in the manor that suggested he was traveling through time. [156]

Escapology: Due to his training with Batman, he possess extreme skill in escapology. He was able to escape a maze before the Flash could, [138] release himself from police handcuffs in an instant before the cop could even notice, and was able to use a Tibetan Mind Technique to escape virtual reality. [139] Story-wise, I have no issue whatsoever with this, but I would have to say, I wasn't a big fan of the illustrations. I liked how there was a dark tone to it the entire time, but I just don't feel it. Sorry.

Overview

As I said, reading this, it's unclear why DC thought their universe and their comics line was so messed-up that it needed rebooting to save it, but, at the same time, it's clear why they wanted to keep Snyder around the Bat World.

So maybe I'm just getting soft, but this sort of thing just seems purposelessly awful, even if it is just a comic book. It's where I think a lot of modern Batman writers have gotten it wrong, as they attempt to dream up newer and more horrible scenarios to toss the reader into, just for the sake of what they believe noir is.John Porterfield (2009) A Review of The Dark Knight, A Rorschach of the American Psyche, Psychological Perspectives, 52:2, 271-275, DOI: 10.1080/0033292090288128 I met some villains I have never met before, like the Dealer and whatever the other guy's name was. The one who stays underground and feeds people to sharks. Though, down in the streets below, a mother walks with her newborn in a baby carriage. The baby's eyes are wide with a eerie look, indicating that James Jr may have succeeded with his plan, but only time will tell. Collected Editions They swore an oath late that night that they would fight together against crime and corruption, never swerving from the path of righteousness. Batman had realized for the first time that he did not have to be alone in his crusade. [9] [10]

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment