276°
Posted 20 hours ago

An Illustrated History of Butlins

£7.495£14.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The fairground was good you could get on all the rides with very little waiting time even with the stringent cleaning in between goes and always an offer of hand sanitizer avalible to use. The explore animals is good but small and you have to stay in squares until the person in front of you moved all one way. We also did little tykes town which was ok but more like a playgroup than anything else and only one adult per child.

All of the staff we encountered at the resort were brilliant, they were so friendly and helpful and seemed to genuinely care about the experience of the guests. We did everything we always did on a family holiday , the shows you had to book via an app , this also applies to getting drinks inside the shows , so it means that you don't leave your table unless toilet or leaving . After having our holiday abroad cancelled we decided on something in the UK, we saw Butlins had excellent prices for 3 adults and we decided to go for it, and we're glad we did. So, having enjoyed it so much last October, and still unable to fly abroad, we did it all again this February

Check availability and book

The fairground was good but it was a shame that you had to pay so much for the go karts when everything else seems to be mostly included. It was hard for the children to understand that they could go on everything else as much as they wanted but not the go karts. The pool was great. My children loved the small slides and my eldest loved the flumes and rapids. We spent hours in there. The changing rooms were disgusting but the pool was good. The staff really make the resort, they are all so kind and polite and are always smiling and providing an excellent service. The staff are a credit to the place and make the holiday a lot more enjoyable. Even with restrictions we didn't queue once to get into anywhere, they try make the holiday as normal as it can be.

Swimming pool was great, we did manage to book that through the app before we went and it’s so much better when you have to book a slot. The lifeguards were all amazing, giving my kids tips on how to swim better, they were all really friendly and the pool area and changing rooms were immaculate. Brilliant from start to finish , just like we did before Covid, everywhere you went there was sanitising stations and masks must be worn everywhere under cover but not in fresh air situations. We had another 3 bed good apartment, with the only criticism being that the electric hob had seen better days .

Once a show has finished you HAD to leave the venue to which the whole venue was then sanitised throughout for the next show. Premium dining used to be great but I feel like this has even gone downhill with it a bit of a free for all and not as organised as it used to be. The custard had no taste not the porridge in the morning. However the staff in the restaurants are fab, and many faces I recognise from previous years. We paid for premium dining which we really enjoyed. Plenty of choice of everything including fresh fruit. I hope that in the future they will consider adding more vegan options and marking their dishes as to what allergens they contain as I feel they're a bit behind the times with this. The staff were very helpful and friendly. One night there was not much choice for my pescatarian son so they cooked him some fish fingers which was great. It would be nice to see vegetarian/vegan burgers offered on the live cooking stations.

I’ve been to Butlin’s probably for the last 7 years and it’s got worse over the years, and more expensive with very little free. Having to pay for WiFi is daft most trains and buses provide free unlimited WiFi yet Butlin’s expect you to pay, again so they can get more money out of you. I’ve unlimited data on my phone but for some reason there is very little signal whilst your staying in Butlin’s so they really do have you over a barrel with the WiFi. The pool - None of the jacuzzis worked outside or inside during our stay the wave pool no longer works and the blue slide only opened for two out of our four days! The best arcade is the one by the rides, the staff are great, however, avoid the arcade in the main tent, the staff were all incredibly rude to many people on several occasions and seemed like they don’t want to be there. The shows have all been good even if you haven't booked we had no issues getting onto them even the most popular like the skyline gang ones we always managed to get in. The best shows for us were teddy goes to the zoo and the skyline gang ones, milkshake was ok show and teletubbies party was ok for what it was. The theme park was really well managed with them cleaning the rides after each ride, waltzers were shut the whole time we were there but everything else was open.

Day Visit

Social distantancing hasn't been too bad either minus children but you can't blame them for that everything been so well organised it's felt completely safe and comfortable not felt busy at all. There was so much for the grandson to do during the day and the evening shows were of a high standard - the feature acts and the butlins singers and dancers were all fabulous. The lounge area was comfortable with leather settees and had patio doors opening to a grassy area, which our grandson loved. It worked fine but looked shabby and rusty - come on butlins, for the price you pay for a good apartment, this aspect could be bettered.

Been here for tots week and can't really fault it stayed in new style silver apartments there nice but basic. There everything you need in the kitchen to cook meals with and they supply you with enough plates glasses cutlery for what you need as well as washing up liquid although it not a huge amount it's fine for 4 days. The tea towel maybe bring your own as it's a bit thin. There no towels provided and no house keeping for the week but that's exspected due to the virus. In the bathroom your provided with 4 toilet rolls and a soap and antic bac wipes when you first arrive and a shower but would fit in a baby bath if you wanted one in it. The show booking app wasn’t working very well at all when we were there 2 weeks ago, hopefully it’s improved now, we managed to get a couple of outdoor shows booked (Paul Zerdin who is amazing and Rak-Su who weren’t so!) and we saw the circus, the acts were amazing although we were sat round the side so couldn’t hear what they were saying. This was all we managed to see, everything else unfortunately had been fully booked. Daily housekeeping was great and meant our beds were made, bins emptied and clean towels supplied etc.All of the shows that we attended were great for youngsters with singing and dancing. In terms of activities we did the Toddler Arts and Crafts session, the Balance Bikes (which had a small additional charge) and a session at Splashworld. We also really enjoyed the mini fairground and the play areas. The swimming pool is absolutely fantastic, it’s enormous with multiple sections with different attractions and slides. Our little girl loved the mini slides for toddlers and it’s the most fun she’s ever had at a swimming session. We booked a ground floor, 3 bedroom gold apartment and were impressed - and we are used to cruise holidays and 4 star hotel holidays around the world. We booked seaside apartments with a balcony and would do this again, the rooms have everything you need to have an enjoyable stay. The fridges are a tad small, although because we had a dining plan this didn't effect us much. The rooms are cosy and have enough space for everything you need, the rooms have heaters so you can control the temperature yourself. There are one way systems all over Butlins, sanitiser everywhere and masks are encouraged to be worn so it’s all managed very well.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment