276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Daughter of No Worlds (The War of Lost Hearts Book 1)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Max ❤️ oh how I love the dark, broken book boyfriends. When we first meet Max, he is grumpy versus Tisaanah’s sunshine...and slowly, slowly he begins to thaw. See, he has lost everyone he ever loved too - and he blames himself for it every day. But when he realizes that the powers that be have deceived Tisaanah into following the same devastating path that caused him to lose everything - well, he decides he won’t let that happen again either. Unfortunately, the narration was poorly edited. One can hear the female narrator breaks and swallows.. and someone was chasing the male narrator, like he was jogging while reading the lines… But I stand with you until the end. You, Tisaanah. If you wanted to run, I swear we’d find a way out. And if it all goes up in flames, I’ll burn right beside you and it will still be the best thing I—”

In a wild surge of fury, Tisaanah lashes out at Esmaris with her magic, and accidentally kills him. After reading The Serpent and Wings of Night by the same author, I figured I would give this series another read to see if I would like it any more that the last time I read it. My name is Tisaanah. I am a free woman and yet still a slave. I am fragments of many things but a whole of only myself. I am a daughter of no worlds, and all worlds. Honestly? I thought he was breathtakingly functional too. He was the most breathtakingly functional thing I had ever seen.” Favorite Son Shirt for Son, Funny Birthday Gift for Son, Funny Son Gift from Mom, Son TShirt for Son's Birthday Gift for Son T-Shirt for HimI’ve seen many Throne of Glass comparisons floating around, but I’m not sure I agree with it. If anything, I’d say it’s a genderbent Spartacus retelling, plus some ✨ magic ✨ thrown in. I whipped my head around to look at him. “Max,” I breathed, touching my heart with exaggerated awe, Tisaanah is entirely self-taught, which means her grasp on magic is not as strong as it could be, and she primarily uses her magic to sense the emotions of other people. THE ROMANCE WAS LOVELY and paced so perfectly. They went from enemies to companions to lovers - absolutely no instalust or instalove! It was such a wonderfully slow burn too and I was on the edge of my seat by the time they finally got together. I loved reading about a grumpy hero becoming a big softie, and it even had a student/teacher dynamic too. I was also pleasantly surprised that this was not a closed-door romance (yay!)

He can die and rot in hell for all I care. Actually no I want Tisaanah to kill him rot his flesh the way he deserved for what he did to her and Max. I am really eager to know what will happen to the two main characters next, and I am also very curious to discover who is against them and who wants to use them, and for what purpose. It is made clear in the last part of the book that someone is using them, but I am not sure yet how many people are involved in this deception and what are the motives of the “bad guy”. I wanted him in so many ways. As a friend, as a kindred soul, as a fierce teammate. As skin and lips and teeth. As a hitched breathless moan in the darkness or a lazy embrace in the sunrise. I wanted that. I wanted it all.

Required Cookies & Technologies

How is he going to be of any use at all under Chryxalis, you ask? Great question! Plot twist time: Max opens his second eyelids (yeah, he has those!), and turns into a serpent of pure fire. Daughter Christmas Ornament, Christmas Ornament for Daughters from Mom, Daughter keep shining sweet one, the world needs your light 2023, Tisaanah is literally the perfect example of the fierce female fantasy character- and I LOVE HER 😍😍 I think Carissa Broadbent did such an amazing job crafting her character- she literally had sm depth and her character development throughout this book was amazing. She has been through SO MUCH and reading about her past and how awfully people have treated her- it simultaneously made me SO sad and SO angry 😭😖 I can't imagine going through the things Tisaanah has gone through- but she still manages to keep going and keep fighting. And I love her for that ❤ I really like Tisaanah, she is so determined, driven, and strong, she lets nothing get in her way, and even though she was a slave for many years and was mistreated and abused in many ways, she always finds a way to remain focused and to adapt to the situation she is in. She does not let anger blind her and make her lose sight of her goal.

Okay that was S T U N N I N G 😍😍😍 I expected to enjoy it but nobody told me it was this good??!! 🤭🤭 I'm obsessed!! 💗💗 There were parts of it that really gripped me and parts that felt somewhat underdeveloped. But thinking about it and comparing it to a lot of fantasy romances that have been published these past few years, this had a really solid start for me. It had me engaged enough to want to continue on with the series because I can only see it getting better. I was a bit hesitant to start this book, but I must say it was a positive surprise. Though the book cover might hint to YA, I can assure you the content is not.To My Daughter In Law Bracelet, Daughter In Law Gift From Mother in Law, Daughter In Law Birthday Gift, Christmas Gift for Her The same applies for the heroine, Tisaanah. The only thing she wasn’t good at was dancing. She was always the best one, the most talented, no matter if she were against teens or the three most powerful Valtain, who had been training for all their lives while she had only been an apprentice for eight months. Not only that, she always got what she wanted. Yes, there was a price to pay, but her goal was always fulfilled in the end. I think I’m too used to reading fantasy when a character has a goal and ends up doing another thing, completely different from what they wanted. It made the plot too predictable for my taste.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment