276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Tilda Tries Again: A Big Bright Feelings Book

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Normally it involves a long train journey, because that’s the only time that I’m not having to do some of my other work, or look after the kids, or do the washing up, or tidying up the house, or chopping logs for the fire, or putting out the rubbish or any one of the myriad things I have to do in my actual house on a day-to-day basis Everything in Tilda’s world turns upside down. Can you create some illustrations where a character lives in an upside-down world?

Tilda Tries Again by Tom Percival - LoveReading4Kids

Tom Percival, as expected, has created a positive and inspiring story about dealing with challenging situations and believing in yourself. This book is the ideal pathway into conversations about resilience and I can already foresee it being the front of circle times within my Y1 classroom….especially within the first weeks of the new school year. I also found it an excellent read with my 5yo son, who struggles with resilience. Reading about Tilda in a book allowed for a new viewpoint rather than the same reassurances from mum and dad. As with all the other books in the series, Tilda Tries Again is the perfect addition to all primary school libraries and book corners and can be woven into the curriculum with great ease. What's the best thing you've ever written?A poem I wrote about a badger when I was six. It included the phrase, ‘He dragged his lumbering frame across the leaves’ which I MUST have stolen from a book I’d read that day. Sadly it was never photocopied and is now lost FOREVER. I even drew a scratchy pen and ink picture of the said Badger – we learnt to write with italic metal nibbed pens at my frankly archaic primary school.Percival's simple, colorful illustrations pair beautifully with the author's thoughtfully worded text. Teachers looking for a book to help children discover coping skills when life unexpectedly becomes too difficult to handle will embrace this title due to its subtle messages woven within the context of an engaging story that promises to be a fun read for all. It was never really the ‘stories’ as such that engrossed me so much in her books as the portraits of her characters that were all so vivid and alive I would often think about something that one of them had done and think that it was someone I actually KNEW who had done it. Tilda Tries Again will be read by Burrow on CBeebies Bedtime Story at 6.50pm on Saturday December 3.Show less Armistice Day: A Collection of Remembrance - Spark Interest and Educate Children about Historical Moments

Tilda Tries Again: A Big Bright Feelings Book by Tom Percival

Tilda's world is just as she likes it . . . until one day, it turns completely UPSIDE DOWN. All of a sudden, everything is topsy-turvy, and nothing feels right. Things that were once easy now seem incredibly challenging. Bold, bright, and empowering, this inspiring story about coping with unexpected changes is perfect for helping children build resilience.A lovely book which supports children’s emotional well-being and mental health by promoting resilience, problem-solving and a can-do attitude when challenges occur. From the creator of Ruby Finds a Worry, the perfect picture book for helping children embrace change. MND is an uncommon condition that affects the brain and nerves and early symptoms can include slurred speech and weight loss, according to the NHS. What inspired you to write your latest book?The book Herman’s Letter first popped into my head when my girlfriend gave me a limited edition screen print by an illustrator called Simon Tozer of a bear holding a letter. The picture is called ‘The Last Post’ and I just loved the bear’s melancholy expression and wondered what he was doing carrying the letter and who it was for. My brain set to work on it and eventually came up with Herman’s Letter. I honestly don’t know what I’d do without my brain sometimes - it really is remarkably useful.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment